+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Remove the ability to 'add/remove' locations from the Documents Library Locations tab in Technical; Hi all, Firstly, apologies that this is my first post, I will properly introduce myself very shortly! I'm deploying Windows ...

Thank Post

Remove the ability to 'add/remove' locations from the Documents Library Locations tab

Hi all,

Firstly, apologies that this is my first post, I will properly introduce myself very shortly!

I'm deploying Windows 7 and have gone through all the fun of Library locations and re-directing user folders etc...I'm now at a stage where the librarys are being directed to a network share and the default location has been removed.

But i've just noticed that when I log in as a student, they are able to click on the 'Includes 1 location' tab and actually remove or add a location which of course I do not want them to be able to do!

Is there a registry fix for this? I've had a look online and there's lot of talk about disabling the libaries feature but I don't want/need to get rid of it just the ability to customise it.

I've attached a picture of the issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks in advance,

Cheers

George
    Untitled.jpg

Thank Post
    Library Pane - Turn On or Off - Windows 7 Help Forums

It doesn't disable the feature, however it disables the pane to access it.

Thank Post
    that's great, thanks! I'm now wondering how I can deploy this through GPO>Regedit or whether it will have to be disabled as part of the image?

Thank Post
    Half way there, thanks to your link I used a registry edit under the following key and deployed via GPO

Action: Update

Hive: HKEY_CURRENT_USER

Key Path: Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer \Modules\GlobalSettings\Sizer

Value Name: LibraryPaneSizer
    Value Type: REG_BINARY
    Value Data: 37,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,0c,02,00,00

which does work but by changing the size/colour of the theme ( I guess as its a hex edit) but as the students can still see 'organise' they can turn it back on which then due to the way its been altered makes it look rather bizarre!

Trying to figure out now If I can restrict the ability to change the 'organize' tab!

Cheers

George

Thank Post
    I don't think you can stop it, but maybe look at replacing the library files to default ones when users logon? They're XML files that can be copied using GP when the user logs on.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread