+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Problem deploying W7 32bit image onto HP Compaq Pro 4300 SFF (NIC DRIVER) in Technical; Hello all, I am having a problem with trying to build 25 new machines we purchased. They are HP Compaq ...

Thank Post

Problem deploying W7 32bit image onto HP Compaq Pro 4300 SFF (NIC DRIVER)

Hello all,

I am having a problem with trying to build 25 new machines we purchased.

They are HP Compaq Pro 4300 SFF with an i3, 4gb ram, 500gb HDD and cam pre loaded with W7 Pro 64bit.

I am trying to load our generic build of W7 Enterprise 32bit onto them but always seem to get the error message:

"WdsClient: An error occurred while starting networking: a matching network card driver was not found in this image. please have your administrator add the network driver for this machine to the windows PE image on the windows deployment services server"

I have tried adding the driver to the boot image we use but that didnt work. Ive tried the 64bit version of the driver and that doesnt work.

Im using the driver "sp59020.exe" from HPs website. I tried calling them, the first time they told me this was the driver needed as the other one was not networkable and the second time they tried telling me i needed a windows 8 driver as the pcs came pre loaded with windows 8 but I definitely know they come with w7 pro and then they hung up on me.

HP Pro 4300 Small Form Factor PC / Intel Core i3-3220 / 4GB / 500GB / Windows 7 Pro + Windows 8 Pro software / 3 Year Warranty - www.misco.co.uk

Any help would be appreciated as the holidays are running out and I need these computers working!

Kind regards to anyone that reads, Dan

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Im still getting the same error with this driver.

Thank you though.

Thank Post
    Hmm, that driver definitely works (imaged a room this morning using it and captured an image the day before).

I used dism to mount a copy of a boot image, injected the driver using the /recurse switch and committed the changes adding it as a new boot image to WDS.

Thank Post
    Sorry to be a pain but could explain how you did that sorry?

ive never used DISN before for example.

Thank you so much for helping me your a life saver.

Dan

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    If this is 2008 R2 then all you need to do is add the driver to the WDS console. I haven't had to modify a WIM for a couple of years now.

Thank Post
    This is what i usually do for our other computers but these are giving me hassle this time and i cannot figure out why.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    What are the vendor and device ID strings for the NIC? You can find them here:

devprop.png

Thank Post
    Your method on the WDS console should have worked, using DISM does essentially the same thing. I don't know if dism is more tolerant of dodgy drivers.

Notes from the internal wiki on the method. This assumes you have the Windows Automated Install Kit 3.0 or greater installed:

Injecting Drivers into WinPE Boot images

From WAIK 2.0 onwards, using PEIMG has been deprecated in favour of using DISM to inject drivers: Add and Remove Drivers Offline

From an elevated command prompt:

1) Find your WIM. Dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:C:\test\images\BootImage.wim
    2) Mount it. Dism /Mount-Wim /WimFile:C:\test\images\BootImage.wim /Name:“Windows 7 Professional” /MountDir:C:\test\offline
    3) Inject the specific driver: Dism /Image:C:\test\offline /Add-Driver /Driver:C:\drivers\mydriver.INF
    3a) Or a lot of drivers: Dism /Image:C:\test\offline /Add-Driver /Driver:c:\drivers /Recurse
    4) Check the error log, to ensure all went well (printed on command line after injection)
    5) Unmount the .wim, committing your changes: Dism /Unmount-Wim /MountDir:C:\test\offline /Commit
    6) Re-import the .wim into WDS, ideally as a different name, and check it does what you were expecting.
    If it still doesn't work, I'd recommend poking around the Broadcom website for a better driver.
    Last edited by pete; 13th August 2013 at 05:46 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread