+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Removing Libraries, Favourits, Network etc via GPO in Technical; Hi, I am trying to remove the Faourites, Libraries and Network icons from the left hand panel in file explorer. ...

Thank Post

Removing Libraries, Favourits, Network etc via GPO

Hi,

I am trying to remove the Faourites, Libraries and Network icons from the left hand panel in file explorer. I am using windows Server 2012 and Windows 7 on the domain pc's.

What i have gone through so far is as follows:

I have added the new registry item into both user configuration > windows settings as well as Computer configuration > windows settings two which either or both dont seem to change the registry settings at all. I have tried using the 'Update' values as well as 'Replace'. I have also added the registry key within computer configuration > policies > windows settings > security settings > registry which gives 'authenticated users' full access to the folder containing the specific registry.

I know that i have the correct thing to change and also the corret value the file needs to be because if i do it manually through regedit it works fine.

If anyone knows what i am missing/doing wrong or knows a better way of hiding the icons then please do let me know. The below show the registry files that i am changing. The values are what i wish them to be:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{323CA680-C24D-4099-B94D-446DD2D7249E}\ShellFolder]
    "Attributes"=dword:a9400100

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{031E4825-7B94-4dc3-B131-E946B44C8DD5}\ShellFolder]
    "Attributes"=dword:b090010d

My eyes are going square trying to work this out so any help would be amazing.

Many Thanks

Mik

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 1,472 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Not sure about Favorites, we kept these but i have attached some ADM templates. Once they are imported they will allow you to hide them in group policy without any hassle.
    Attached Files Attached Files

3. Thanks to FN-GM from:

sonic1485 (10th December 2013)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread