When I run Sysprep on Win 7 SP1 x86 with the latest Internet Explorer 10.0.7 update it appears to corrupt/damage the image. I have a working image I've deployed many times with Internet Explorer 10.0.6 without any issues.
I can't see what else is causing the problem as I was working until the early hours of this morning! Could someone else try this and see if you have the same/similar problems? Thank you!
It's well documented online that Win 7 SP1 x64 with Internet Explorer 10 causes problems and you need to edit some registry entries. I'm wondering if the problem I'm having is similar but on Windows 7 SP1 x86 with the latest Security Update 10.0.7.
On closer inspection, it doesn't appear to be an Internet Explorer 10.0.7 issue after all. The biggest difference between my working image and the problematic image is Smart Notebook 11.2 instead of Promethean.
Before running Sysprep I stopped all Smart Notebook 11.2 processes, including any others I could find which were not Microsoft based and it seems to have worked. Interestingly the actual image size is several gigabytes smaller too... really odd!
I'm going to try the same method on a second image for another school and see if I have the same success!
IE 10 has caused me some issues with sysprep on my x64 image as well. What do your sysprep log files look like? You're looking for two files: setuperr.log and setupact.log.
In my most recent case this was the solution to the problem: After installing IE10, sysprep fail with error: SYSPRP LaunchDll:Could not load DLL C:\Windows\SysWOW64\iesysprep.dll[gle=0x000000c1]Code:C:\Windows\Panther C:\Windows\Panther\UnattendGC C:\Windows\System32\sysprep\Panther
If IE doesn't turn out to be an issue, Smart Ink has always given me the most grief of the Smart suite. It intertwines pretty deeply with how Windows are drawn and would actually cause certain pieces of software to crash on me.
Michael (11th July 2013)
Yeah I think you're spot on there. I have a feeling it's SmartInk too. The logs didn't throw up anything interesting unfortunately, however stopping all Smart (or not so Smart) processes from Task Manager before Syspreping appears to have done the trick.
Just need to repeat the same on the second image which I am working on now
The second image has also worked, so it did appear to be Smart Notebook 11 related. Another possibility is .NET as discussed here. Smart Notebook 11 uses .NET 4 or .NET 4.5, so the issue may be linked.
I had an issue where the deployment would fail with ie10 in it.
Removing a line from the answer file worked
I 'think' the IE10 Sysprep problem is only with Windows 7 x64 and not x86 - I've not seen it discussed anywhere on 32Bit.
I now have two different images with Internet Explorer 10.0.7 and Smart Notebook 11.2. You need to stop all five processes which are:
Also make sure the icon is closed in the bottom right and you should be good to go to run Sysprep.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)