+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Slow windows 7 startup in Technical; Hello people of edugeek, I'm a kind of person who likes to explore all different types of software out there.I ...

Thank Post

Slow windows 7 startup

Hello people of edugeek,

I'm a kind of person who likes to explore all different types of software out there.I keep installing and uninstalling softwares a lot of times.
    I've been using windows 7 64 bit for 8 months now without any problems.
    But recently for the past 15 days,my startup time has become very high.What i mean to say is,my windows loads up at normal speed and all the icons and programs load up quite fast,but anything i do..eg-Try to open up My computer,browser or even a simple right click...seem to be unresponsive or very slow for the first 15-20 minutes.

I used a software called advanced system optimizer which has all the windows optimizing tools-
    Cleaning junk files and folders
    Defragging data
    Privacy cleaner
    Registry cleaner and defragger

I also uninstalled all softwares which i dont use and reduced the number of programs which load at startup

I also used CCleaner.

But it seems that even after doing all that,my startup time becomes normal for like 1-2 boots,sometimes it never becomes normal.

Now,could there be any other solution out there to increase my startup speed?Except for a reformat?cuz i have a lot of softwares installed with my custom settings,doing that all again can literally consume a lot of my time.

Thanks.
    Last edited by downloaderfan; 6th July 2013 at 12:53 PM.

Thank Post
    All I can sudgest is test software on a vm use Microsoft virtual pc or another product. I was the same as you testing uninstalling the number of times I fried my machine was stupid.
    Other than that you could try system restore and go back a few weeks

3. Thanks to round2it from:

downloaderfan (7th July 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by round2it View Post
    All I can sudgest is test software on a vm use Microsoft virtual pc or another product. I was the same as you testing uninstalling the number of times I fried my machine was stupid.
    Other than that you could try system restore and go back a few weeks
    Thanks for the suggestion,but i'm having trouble understanding what your trying to say,could you please explain in a little more detail?Thanks

Thank Post
    Chances are the computer is showing signs of age. Programs Like that are great for occasional use but over a long period can cause harm. Best bet is to reinstall from scratch and be a little more selective about which software you install

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by psydii; 10th July 2013 at 01:59 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanks guys,the problem seemed to be my antivirus.I found that after two days of searching and applying all optimizing techniques to windows.Kaspersky internet security 2012 seemed to work fine for almost 8 months,so i couldn't actually believe it when i found that. I've now upgraded to kaspersky internet security 2013 and it doesn't affect my start up time.And my boot is now faster than ever cuz i applied all optimizing tips i found from google.

Thanks for this reference,but it seems too much complicated for a common man like me.

Thank Post
    There are loads of reasons why you can have slow log ons.

Group policy can be one if its on the domain

Hardware problems like the harddrive is starting to fail. Boot the mschine from the hard drive manufacturers cd boot disk and check it plus do hardware checks with ultomate boot disk

Do an msconfig and reduce start up programs.

Check os with sfc /scannow

Check for viruses and spyware and root kits

The bottom line a fresh installay be needed if a restore to a previous date does not work

It could be a windows update has gone on or an update to a program or driver

Check all windows updates are on and latest drivers

Check firmware for bios and check fans in machine. Overheating computers do strange things like run slow or reboot

Also check computer running on high petfoance under power setting.

Richard

Thank Post
    Thanks for your advice Richard,
    As i said,i already did all of the stuff you mentioned which is possible to do though the OS.
    As for the hardware,i don't think my hardware has any problems and I've taken utmost care right from the beginning to not produce too much of heat.

Thank Post
    Hi when you created the new image did you use a generic image from a vendor like dell as a starting point. When I have done this in the past I have had problems and had to wipe and remove all partitions and install from original cds. Gpos did not apply correctly. Dell admitted they put something on the install image to stop people copying it.

Richard

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread