+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Windows 7 Thread, Stop Students Embedding .exe in Powerpoint in Technical; You have to give them some credit I guess. The kids pulling this of will the best next generation of ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    You have to give them some credit I guess. The kids pulling this of will the best next generation of techies. They should certainly be stopped though!

I remember using VB Macros in Excel 97 to get a common dialogue box open that would allow me access to the hard disc and allow me to install various games. The NM never did figure it out

Thank Post
    One thing I learnt when I worked in the IT Services department at a college was that the more you locked the computers down, the more ways they found to either bugger them up or get around the lock down.

In the end we stopped locking them down and implemented HD Guard so they could do whatever they liked to the machines and one reboot later the machines were back to normal with any changes they've made gone.

Support calls went down dramatically and up-time of the PCs improved exponentially!

At the School I work at we've recently reminded the staff about Impero and now if a user is not doing what they are supposed to the teacher just blocks their internet connection or blanks all their screens so they have to pay attention to what they are saying.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12