+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Creating mandatory profiles for Windows 7 in Technical; Moving 32bit XP clients to windows 7 on a server 2008 domain - can anyone point me to a simple ...

Thank Post

Creating mandatory profiles for Windows 7

Moving 32bit XP clients to windows 7 on a server 2008 domain - can anyone point me to a simple guide for creating mandatory profiles for Windows 7? Thanks

Thank Post
    in my experience dont it seems to me much faster logging on etc to give everyone a roaming profile and redirect everything (except appdata)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    There's this method which I haven't tried as I went the official microsoft method of using sysprep.

You may also find this website helpful.

Should point out I've been using Mandatory profiles for student users for 2 1/2 years with few issues...

Thank Post
    My own guide is on here somewhere if you can find it with a search. It doesn't use sysprep, creates a nice small profile, and is easy to update. Basically involves logging on as a user without GP restrictions, customising the profile, then moving that ntuser.dat to a share, renaming it to ntuser.man, and changing the permissions on the registry hive. When used in conjunction with redirected AppData, gives the best of both worlds IMO.

Thank Post
    You need to make a local user account on a PC and then do the changes you want on it, Proxy, redirects and any other bits, then upload it from the PC to location on the server making sure you give the everyone rights when uploading (this is not copy and past) and then rename the Ntuser.dat to Ntuser.man and there you have it, you can then refine it by going into the regedit and changing bits in there i did do a post on the XP one it not that different

Or

You could use roaming and restrict in AD the size of the profile
    Last edited by theaman; 9th May 2013 at 03:51 PM.

Thank Post
    Hi All
    Thanks for the advice so far, roaming profiles seem to give slow login issues so I will stick with mandatory profiles for the time being. I will give your suggestions a go and let you know how I get on.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 3s-gtech View Post
    My own guide is on here somewhere if you can find it with a search. It doesn't use sysprep, creates a nice small profile, and is easy to update. Basically involves logging on as a user without GP restrictions, customising the profile, then moving that ntuser.dat to a share, renaming it to ntuser.man, and changing the permissions on the registry hive. When used in conjunction with redirected AppData, gives the best of both worlds IMO.
    hi,

where is you're guide? can you find it?

thanks

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread