+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Win 7 network printer delivery (or lack of lol) in Technical; Morning, We are suffering from the odd machine that will just stop delivering printers (W2008r2/W7/CC4.3). There is a plethora of ...

Thank Post

Win 7 network printer delivery (or lack of lol)

Morning,

We are suffering from the odd machine that will just stop delivering printers (W2008r2/W7/CC4.3). There is a plethora of stuff on the web about this, but has anyone ever got to the bottom of why this happens, is it a registery issue/drivers etc, I still don't think there has been a fix or a workaround to crowbar them back onto a station?

Any ideas anyone?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    How are you deploying your printers? So far I have found the best method to be a combination of GPO Deploy and Group Policy Preferences.

We have been having similar problems here this week. We have found that deleting every mention of a printer from the registry seem to snap the system back to life. I've done this on a couple of machines and as soon as I close regedit after deleting all printers in there, the printers magically just start appearing in Printers and Devices as the Group Policy settings seem to be automatically reapplying.

Haven't worked out what is causing it to happen in the first place though.

3. Thanks to tmcd35 from:

andyturpie (18th April 2013)

Thank Post
    We are allocating via the RM console to be honest, we have just found something interesting though. As we use the RM printer credit service, I have our site printers spanned over 3 RM member servers. As we trialled papercut, I had replicated all the printer queues onto a W2003 server a while back. I pushed out the 2003 installed printers to the affected workstations and these have seemed to appear without any issue.

You mention deleting reg keys? We did have a poke around in the registry yesterday looking to delete keys, but it didn't work. Would you mind sharing which keys worked for you?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Seriously brought force approach! I picked a name of a printer I new was being deployed and searched for it in the registry. Every time it found an entry I deleted that entry and any surrounding entries for other deployed printers. I kept doing this until there was nothing left to delete.

6. Thanks to tmcd35 from:

andyturpie (18th April 2013)

Thank Post
    lol, I admire your style. Every key we deleted yesterday was met with a sweepstake on whether we bricked the OS

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread