+ Post New Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Windows 7 Thread, ie10 proxy setting windows 7 in Technical; We created an msi and pushed it out via GPO the first time. Un-installed it manually as it wouldn't remove ...
    Thank Post
    We created an msi and pushed it out via GPO the first time. Un-installed it manually as it wouldn't remove when set to from the GPO..now it won't re install.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBinMan View Post
    We created an msi and pushed it out via GPO the first time. Un-installed it manually as it wouldn't remove when set to from the GPO..now it won't re install.
    Does it want to reinstall manually? Have you checked the event logs?

Thank Post
    okay, my turn.

recently tested IE10 and 11 with the registry fix under: users - preferences - control panel - internet settings. This then unticked the bypass local proxy server. I quickly rolled it back to ie9 to resolve.
    I see <local> may fix this?

Now, we currently use terminal services, so use a loopback processing on the GPO to apply the local proxy server settings to all users who use the TS. Fine.
    We also use the same proxy settings in a different GPO applied to all my users OU. Fine
    We have another policy that removes proxy server and this had to be set to per computer, not per user.

Question is how can i apply a new policy (IEM or reg) to the computers as opposed to users?

Thanks

Thank Post
    This is getting annoying now!

We are using Server 2012 and trying to set the proxy settings using a GPP - using a new IE10 Internet Settings tab. I can set the Homepage and any other option except the Proxy settings. Ive tried all the F6 to make the underlines go green and spent the last 2 days trawling the 'net for answers. I have come up with nothing so far that actually works.

- - - Updated - - -

We are using Server 2012 and trying to set the proxy settings using a GPP - using a new IE10 Internet Settings tab. I can set the Homepage and any other option except the Proxy settings. Ive tried all the F6 to make the underlines go green and spent the last 2 days trawling the 'net for answers. I have come up with nothing so far that actually works.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBinMan View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Binman!

Don't fret- see if this works if you haven't tried already. Works fine here- you have to add some registry changes in a GPO but you'll get it from the screenshot what needs to happen. Hope it helps!proxy-override-settings-registry.jpg

Thank Post
    Thanks.
    I had this working a while ago, using the registry settings mentioned. But as we have now upgraded one of our DC's to 2012 r2, I thought it would be easier to apply the proxy settings via the GPP .
    Obviously, theres something wrong somewhere so I've reverted to the registry setting method as it works!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks.
    I had this working a while ago, using the registry settings mentioned. But as we have now upgraded one of our DC's to 2012 r2, I thought it would be easier to apply the proxy settings via the GPP .
    Obviously, theres something wrong somewhere so I've reverted to the registry setting method as it works!

sls

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by googlemad View Post
    I have found a slight problem.

Since the proxy settings are done via registry import Google Chrome doesn't seem to pick them up until Internet Explorer is launched at least once. Minor thing really but is there a solution to that?
    Did you ever solve this? I am running IE11 and have the same problem. Chrome says it has the proxy but will not use it until IE has been loaded.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sls View Post
    Did you ever solve this? I am running IE11 and have the same problem. Chrome says it has the proxy but will not use it until IE has been loaded.
    Why not use the Chrome ADM templates and specify the proxy server?

Thank Post
    Trying to get the proxy settings to work on our machines, have tried several different methods. Does anyone use the registry method with mandatory profiles, ours will not apply the keys. Roaming profiles work fine. If we run gpupdate after the user with mandatory has logged on the registry settings apply.
    Last edited by badders; 30th September 2014 at 10:56 AM.

Thank Post
    Your mandatory profile may contain some proxy settings - if it does, they may be overwriting any other settings pushed by GP. Have a search in the NTUSER.man using regedit for any proxy details.

Thank Post
    I've removed any proxy settings that I can find from the mandatory and it still doesn't apply the registry keys from GPP.

Thank Post
    Useful thread this!

Is there a specific reasons Microsoft removed the proxy settings from the Group Policy Management Console? It seems archaic when it's nearly 2015 having to hack together scripts and registry edits to do something simple like this?

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinghaggis View Post
    Useful thread this!

Is there a specific reasons Microsoft removed the proxy settings from the Group Policy Management Console? It seems archaic when it's nearly 2015 having to hack together scripts and registry edits to do something simple like this?
    Yes they are trying to de-couple the internet settings from Internet Explorer I guess.

Thank Post
    Is there a way using this method to set it so any https traffic is pushed through the proxy address and all else is left alone?

Forgive me if this has been answered, it has been a long day

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789