+ Post New Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Windows 7 Thread, ie10 proxy setting windows 7 in Technical; Originally Posted by ninjabeaver I could not find the answer on this thread, but did find it on this one. ...
    zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjabeaver View Post
    I could not find the answer on this thread, but did find it on this one. Tested and works across IE9, 10 and 11.

Bypass proxy for local addresses

Thanks for everyone on this thread. Got me out of a hole.
    So what did you add in group policy?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zag View Post
    So what did you add in group policy?
    Hi Zag,

The same as on ie10 proxy setting windows 7 (Post #23, Image 2) but for my school and then on the end you put ;<local> in. Do a GPUPDATE /FORCE and it puts the tick in for you.

Cheers,

Simon.
    Last edited by ninjabeaver; 2nd April 2014 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Typo

Thank Post

Thumbs up Thanks! Good stuff!

I am glad to have found this forum. I recently installed a large group of Win 7 workstations with IE 10 and like many of you I was going crazy trying to understand why the internet proxy settings kept getting blown out. The group policy looked fine, and the problem seems to only happen on the Win 7 / IE 10 workstations.

Perhaps is it simply a MS glitch using group policies with Win 7 and IE 10, maybe something else. I was searching on what registry keys to push down when I found this forum. Very nice! This find has saved me a lot of time!

I will lurk here from time to time to learn the issues of the day, and hope to be able to contribute back to the community.

Thank Post
    Many Thanks for this fix Michael we now have populated proxy settings but I cannot get "Bypass proxy server for local address" to tick. This is only the IE10 and IE11 users so W7 W8.

Any ideas what I might not have or done correctly.

Thanks.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,250 Posts
    If you navigate to:

Code:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings
    The Bypass Proxy registry entry is: ProxyOverride. Double check your GPP's, or set to 'Replace' you haven't done so already.

Thank Post
    Have used the registry method but it only started to work as intended when changing the proxyenable type to update rather than replace. I left the other two values as replace.

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Just to update on this as I had a small problem.

Its important that you link the special Proxy GPO to the user configuration not the computer configuration in Group Policy Editor.

Thank Post
    Thanks for these settings. We have applied these to one of our IT suites with IE10 installed, and the proxy settings are now applying ok. This has however caused a major problem!
    In our FrogOS vle, no internal site links work though links to external ones do. Also our OWA has stopped working showing
    "The ActiveX control needs to be enabled in Internet Explorer for Outlook Web App
    to work correctly. Click here to sign out,
    enable the ActiveX control, and then sign in to Outlook Web App."

If we run IE10 with no Add-ons everything works fine, but when I try to manage add-ons the enable/disable boxes are greyed out. So far Ive had a very frustrating few days trying to solve this. Any ideas??

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBinMan View Post
    Thanks for these settings. We have applied these to one of our IT suites with IE10 installed, and the proxy settings are now applying ok. This has however caused a major problem!
    In our FrogOS vle, no internal site links work though links to external ones do. Also our OWA has stopped working showing
    "The ActiveX control needs to be enabled in Internet Explorer for Outlook Web App
    to work correctly. Click here to sign out,
    enable the ActiveX control, and then sign in to Outlook Web App."

If we run IE10 with no Add-ons everything works fine, but when I try to manage add-ons the enable/disable boxes are greyed out. So far Ive had a very frustrating few days trying to solve this. Any ideas??
    You may need to add exceptions to IE via another GPP, so for example adding the start of your IP range 10.* or 192.* etc...

Thank Post
    Beat me to it, you need to add your internal range to the proxy bypass

Thank Post
    We've already got 10.* added to the proxy bypass, so I don't think that's the problem. Going to have another look today but I have a feeling there are old GPO settings that are applying globally to all our machines that are conflicting with the settings being applied to the one IT suite with IE10 installed.

Thank Post
    What happens if you move one PC to a new OU and block all inherents and just apply the IE GPO

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Si2100 View Post
    What happens if you move one PC to a new OU and block all inherents and just apply the IE GPO
    I agree, it does sound like something's conflicting. All the GPP is doing is replacing what was the GPO, so other problems could be caused by other linked GPOs.

Thank Post
    Tracked it down now, but came across another problem!
    In the GPP that we used to deploy IE10, there was a manage add-ons setting that had disabled all add-ons! No idea how it got there, but it works fine now.

The problem we now have is re-installing IE10. Last week we had to get the IT suite functioning so we uninstalled IE10, which rolled it back to IE9. Now we've solved the problem and want to deploy IE10 it wont install.
    RSOP is saying the policy has been applied but IE10 still does not actually install.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBinMan View Post
    Tracked it down now, but came across another problem!
    In the GPP that we used to deploy IE10, there was a manage add-ons setting that had disabled all add-ons! No idea how it got there, but it works fine now.

The problem we now have is re-installing IE10. Last week we had to get the IT suite functioning so we uninstalled IE10, which rolled it back to IE9. Now we've solved the problem and want to deploy IE10 it wont install.
    RSOP is saying the policy has been applied but IE10 still does not actually install.
    If you have a WSUS server, you can deploy it this way. It's certainly easier than running round every machine.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast