+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Windows 7 Thread, Microsoft releases massive Slow Boot / Slow Login Hotfix Rollup (KB2775511) in Technical; Originally Posted by Arthur Have you installed it on your server(s) too? It needs to be on both. only if ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    Have you installed it on your server(s) too? It needs to be on both.
    only if your server is 08r2 doubt it would work on 08/03/12

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,383 Times in 1,763 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    only if your server is 2008 R2
    I might be wrong, but I thought that is what @witch had?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,090 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Sorry, didnt say that did I - Yes, I did install on the server, and yes, I have Server 2008R2
    Nothing in event logs
    will uninstall and see if speed is restored

4. Thanks to witch from:

RabbieBurns (4th April 2013)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    That's why they recommended taking benchmarks before and after with xperf. You do have two days to spare to learn that tool don't you? (I did start trying to learn it in the evenings, but once the hotfixes had empirically resolved the issues I was seeing I totally bailed on that)

FWIW I haven't noticed much/any difference from the patches I had already deployed. However.... it is feasible that new fastest boot time might be slower than the original W7 Sp1 boot time for systems that were not impacted by the bugs/behaviours contained therein. How slow is it for you now?

Thank Post
    Doesn't hang on the starting windows screen anymore. Laptop still says the patch isnt suitable
    Weird!!

7. Thanks to witch from:

RabbieBurns (4th April 2013)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I have a vague memory that at some point I saw machines 'hanging' during start up after one of the TCPIP stack updates. It was solved by installing the latest drivers (which were released about a week after that hotfix). This anecdote may contain no useful information.

As for your i3 refusing to install, is it definitely running sp1? Is the hotfix the right architecture, is it possible you grabbed the 32bit version on that machine by mistake?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by psydii View Post
    I have a vague memory that at some point I saw machines 'hanging' during start up after one of the TCPIP stack updates. It was solved by installing the latest drivers (which were released about a week after that hotfix). This anecdote may contain no useful information.

As for your i3 refusing to install, is it definitely running sp1? Is the hotfix the right architecture, is it possible you grabbed the 32bit version on that machine by mistake?
    Will look at the drivers issue but could be a deal breaker as I have no time to update drivers on every machine.
    I'm sure I grabbed the right version and I did the windows update bit before I tried to install it but I will look again.

10. Thanks to witch from:

RabbieBurns (22nd March 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    You can't, you need 'special' RM updates.
    Not true @Michael. RM uses WSUS, and you can import this update into WSUS, if you wished. ;-)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 2,187 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    Not true @Michael. RM uses WSUS, and you can import this update into WSUS, if you wished. ;-)
    Have they changed it, I thought that running non-sanctioned updates was likely to break it and at the least likely to void your support.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    Have they changed it, I thought that running non-sanctioned updates was likely to break it and at the least likely to void your support.
    I've rolled out updates and still been supported, but if you're unsure, check.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,462 Times in 980 Posts
    Blog Entries
    For those using SCCM you need to import this update in WSUS as @Valyyn instructed (I know I know that usually you are told to avoid configuring WSUS directly but you have to here).
    You have to make sure you are syncing the 'update' classification, then just sync and it appears in the update list.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    Yes, it was tested like the printer rollup hotfix was...review the hotfix text: This article describes a hotfix rollup for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)-based and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1-based computers. This hotfix rollup contains 90 hotfixes that were released after the release of SP1 for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. These hotfixes improve the overall performance and system reliability of Windows 7 SP1-based and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1-based computers. We recommend that you apply this hotfix rollup as part of your regular maintenance routine and build processes for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 computers."

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffstokesmsft View Post
    Yes, it was tested like the printer rollup hotfix was...review the hotfix text: This article describes a hotfix rollup for Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)-based and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1-based computers. This hotfix rollup contains 90 hotfixes that were released after the release of SP1 for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. These hotfixes improve the overall performance and system reliability of Windows 7 SP1-based and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1-based computers. We recommend that you apply this hotfix rollup as part of your regular maintenance routine and build processes for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 computers."
    i think they meant rm support rather than ms

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by victory2012 View Post
    word of warning.. i applied this update this weekend and has definalty made things better, whilst i havent seen a increase in logon speeds ( they are fast anyway) i have noticed certain settings that never seemed to apply properly have suddenly started to work so very happy.
    What settings are those? I only ask because I'm still having some very random issues of proxy settings not applying correctly on wireless devices.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    i think they meant rm support rather than ms
    Oh I see. Yeah this is a rollup from Microsoft, we tested it pretty thoroughly so hopefully ISVs and software providers will do the same. It should help things out across enterprise environments really.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast