+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, KMS will not activate RM ecoquiet One in Technical; We have about 5 RM Ecoquiet 965 on site. 4 of them are activated by KMS server except one. I ...

Thank Post

KMS will not activate RM ecoquiet One

We have about 5 RM Ecoquiet 965 on site. 4 of them are activated by KMS server except one.

I have tried doing it from server using VAMT tool and slmgr.vbs from client. It gives error below;

Error 0xC004F035

The software Licensing Service reported that the computer could not be activated with a VL product key. VL systems reqs upgrading from a qualified OS.

I thought about BIOS update however all other computer got same BIOS version and have successfully activated.

So far I have rebuild the computer.

slmgr.vbs /ipk XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
    slmgr.vbs /ato

No joy. Any ideas?

If you have experience updating BIOS on RM computers. Can you please help? I have tried updating using RMUSB PREP as instructed on RM web site, it has not for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by anish; 6th March 2013 at 12:44 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by anish View Post
    We have about 5 RM Ecoquiet 965 on site. 4 of them are activated by KMS server except one.

I have tried doing it from server using VAMT tool and slmgr.vbs from client. It gives error below;

Error 0xC004F035

The software Licensing Service reported that the computer could not be activated with a VL product key. VL systems reqs upgrading from a qualified OS.

I thought about BIOS update however all other computer got same BIOS version and have successfully activated.

So far I have rebuild the computer.

slmgr.vbs /ipk XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
    slmgr.vbs /ato

No joy. Any ideas?

If you have experience updating BIOS on RM computers. Can you please help? I have tried updating using RMUSB PREP as instructed on RM web site, it has not for me.
    Are you using MAC keys or a volume key? Just wondering if you have reached your mac key limit?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,493 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I have a couple of Ecoquiet 965s sitting next to me. The're licenced for Vista Business, which IIRC isn't a qualifying OS for volume licencing.

Thank Post
    For slmgr.vbs /ipk I used Windows 7 Ent KMS setup key from Microsoft Key Management Server (KMS) Details – Metcorp Consulting Tech Blog. It will install the key ok. But when I do /ato it will display the error mentioned above.

I have used this method on other computers before it has worked.

Thank Post
    In my case, other identical computer is working. Have you tried BIOS update? What is the BIOS version?

Thank Post
    For slmgr.vbs /ipk I used Windows 7 Ent KMS setup key from Microsoft Key Management Server (KMS) Details – Metcorp Consulting Tech Blog. It will install the key ok. But when I do /ato it will display the error mentioned above.

I have used this method on other computers before it has worked.

You shouldn't need to enter a key when isntalling Windows 7 with KMS the standard key which is embedded in all the Pro and enterprise versions will automatically look to a KMS by default.

Thank Post
    Have you got EES for volume licencing?

Thank Post
    Some odd computer that didn't activated by default was activated by installing standard key and /ato.

Thank Post
    Some odd computer that didn't activated by default was activated by installing standard key and /ato.
    I've never come across an issue with using a KMS key and activation. Those client keys you see on that website are the exact keys which are embedded into the various OS variants by default so there is no need to change them for KMS.

How are you imaging the stations? Have you reached a rearm limit?

Thank Post
    We have image the system by MDT. However to re-build this station, I used Win PE and imagex to apply image ( it was same image WIM file from MDT). The rearm limit on the client was reached.

Thank Post
    ive had this with odd old dells before. it a nutshell the pc diddnt have (or not up to date enough) a slic bios so when windows check the bios (as ees is an upgrade) it cant see a qualifying product to upgrade from (i also suspect win8 pcs might have this issue if you sidegrade them to win7). In the dell in questions case a bios flash fixed it other than that shove a mak key on it

Thank Post
    We have image the system by MDT. However to re-build this station, I used Win PE and imagex to apply image ( it was same image WIM file from MDT). The rearm limit on the client was reached.
    <br>
    <br>Is it working now?<br>
    <br>I have never heard of a problem with OS installation with MDT. Was the MDT image built from the CD or did you import a custom image? We install with no key, it contacts the KMS by itself and works no issues on all hardware (assuming the drivers are imported).<br><br><br>

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    it a nutshell the pc diddnt have (or not up to date enough) a slic bios so when windows check the bios (as ees is an upgrade) it cant see a qualifying product to upgrade from (i also suspect win8 pcs might have this issue if you sidegrade them to win7).
    That's exactly what I'm trying to do with a bunch of Acer One netbooks that came with Windows 8, we reinstalled them the same way with the MDT/WDS deployment system that I've used with every other computer in this school, and now I can't get them to activate against our KMS and I really don't want to have to activate them with our MAK key like the Microsoft website suggests (...that is not a fix, that's a stupid way round the problem)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread