+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Windows 7 Thread, ZooStorm PCs in Technical; We are currently looking at upgrading one of our ICT suites. We have a really tight budget and are looking ...

Thank Post

ZooStorm PCs

We are currently looking at upgrading one of our ICT suites. We have a really tight budget and are looking at ZooStorm PCs as they fit the spec and price requirements.
    I was just wondering if anyone has bought from Zoostorm before and if they could give me some feedback good or bad.

thanks

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scholes99 View Post
    We are currently looking at upgrading one of our ICT suites. We have a really tight budget and are looking at ZooStorm PCs as they fit the spec and price requirements.
    I was just wondering if anyone has bought from Zoostorm before and if they could give me some feedback good or bad.

thanks
    We bought 10 machines when we replaced the admin office on a budget - we got Core 2 Quads with 4GB Ram, 2 years on they are still going strong, although we had to replace the power supplies as the factory fitted power supplies are quite loud.

Thank Post
    Last summer we brought over a hundred . I5 8gb ram . We have had to use the warranty for various things.

Thank Post
    Don't know what your budget is or what spec your after but we use @VeryPC and are really happy with what we get from them (they do 5 year warranties too so might be worth a look?). Just thought I'd mention an alternative perhaps.

5. Thanks to RTFM from:

VeryPC_Tom_B (22nd January 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RTFM View Post
    Don't know what your budget is or what spec your after but we use @VeryPC and are really happy with what we get from them (they do 5 year warranties too so might be worth a look?). Just thought I'd mention an alternative perhaps.

Thank you. I will take a look

Thank Post
    Had a few of them in another roll,

The build is quite flimsy and as mentione the PSU's a noisy and we had a couple fail.

I would not deploy them in a school as I don't belive they would still be in a decent exterior physical state after a couple of years.

Rob

Thank Post
    We have 40 of them here, in 3 years we have replaced 3 main boards (1 under warranty). Never had a duff PSU.

Our look fine, and have stood up fine to the use of students, but ours are in wooden holders under the desks (so proper ICT furniture) which in my opinion dramatically extends the life of any computer.

You get what you pay for, when you save nearly £3k across an ICT suite for an equivalent spec from HP or Dell for example then replacing 1 or 2 mainboards a year is still a massive cost saving.

Thank Post
    100% failure rate here

But only bought 2 about 3 years
    (Bursar wanted to try out a firm that was doing "a good deal" )

Lasted about 15months - canabilsed 1st one to keep second one going and then that failed as well

The people we bought them from wanted about 1 manday of diagonsis effort before they'd repair them so they've never been fixed.

Simon

Thank Post
    They are part of VIP in Warrington now they moved from Liverpool! I had an interview for support with them a year back and they use whatever cheap parts they can get there hands on.

I walked out of the interview they came across like they couldn't care less what parts they used and if there were any good or not!!

Thank Post
    I bought about 10...touch wood so far had no problems with them since the summer and all decent parts used, but as mentioned they are flimsy. I'm unsure whether I would go for them again

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scholes99 View Post
    Thank you. I will take a look
    Hi scholes99,

Ill send you over a PM with some details

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,973 Times in 1,445 Posts
    Blog Entries
    There was a school in Bedfordshire when I was working in the area, that used them for a suite, within 2 years all of them had issues. Whilst I was not the driving choice behind the use of them, I've since recommended they go elsewhere as they're not economically viable as end user products as you will have the warranty team out more often than any other brand I have come across.

Thank Post
    I've had mixed reviews to be honest. The one that stands out the most though was a client that bought around 100 of the machines, had issues with about a third of them and said the support wasn't the best.

But then I've had people rave about them so I suppose it just depends on who you deal with

Thank Post
    In the past couple of years I've purchased 20 pcs from them. 16 for a ks1 suite, 4 to try out in ks2. The 16 I got first are quite noisy , the fan seems to dislodge but is easily fixed. Haven't had very many issues with the actual hardware, a couple of power switches have been stick but that's it (rapidly touches wood!) The latest 4 seem to be a better build quality, they seem more solid if you get meaning. Any issues I have had have been sorted pretty quickly by their support team. I haven't had to call them out but email support seems quite fast and helpful.
    If I'd had more money in the budget I probably wouldn't have gone with them as I wouldn't have even thought to look down that avenue but that's more to do with my issues regarding unknown suppliers. But we had/have a very tight budget and were able to get the spec we wanted with the warranty we wanted.
    hth

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 813 Posts
    Blog Entries
    You get what you pay for, however it's worth considering self builds if time and ability allow. We're a fan of the RM g series cases with PSU (very cheap yet very sturdy and not at all loud) with i3 mobo & ram or pentium G630s, 4GB of ram and an SSD.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast