+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Windows 7 Thread, Simple way to deploy custom Win 7 image using PXE and Clonezilla? in Technical; Also make sure that you've not imported KB2533552 into MDT .. This was causing our MDT setup to throw it's ...
    Thank Post
    Also make sure that you've not imported KB2533552 into MDT..

This was causing our MDT setup to throw it's rattle out for a while.. I ended up pulling it, and adding it as an app via batch file.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LeMarchand View Post
    I think when I had this error it was because I had more than the Administrator account on the "image" machine. If this is true in your case, you need to delete any accounts apart from the local admin and "system" type accounts. Check in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList to make sure there aren't any rogue profiles in there and delete if necessary. In my case, it was an account I use called "Setup" when I wiped/reinstall a machine from scratch (before I knew how to boot into the local admin account/audit mode straight away).
    The image i'm using is a downloaded one with SP 1 already in it... could this be the problem?

Thank Post
    Shouldn't be the case.

I replaced our SP0 with SP1 images as soon as they became available.

-

I just had a random thought..

Had you installed AV to the Windows 7 PC before capturing the image???
    Last edited by VeryPC_Tom_M; 20th December 2012 at 04:17 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marsdenprimary View Post
    The image i'm using is a downloaded one with SP 1 already in it... could this be the problem?
    Shouldn't be - all my images are SP1. They also have McAfee included, but I recently had problems upgrading an elderly relative's Win 7 install to Win 8 until someone on here suggested turning off/uninstalling his A/V. (Made more difficult by the fact that this was a remote install and I think he was worried that the more "with it" family member who was pressing the buttons for me might stumble across his po.., I mean "personal" stuff. As it turns out he then got his grandson to do it - by turning off the A/V, as I suggested - and then got said grandson to revert it back to win 7 a week later. Glad I didn't try too hard!)

Thank Post
    Sorry to hijack, but I've got a question relating to something earlier in the thread.

We only have one physical server in our production environment, so it's obviously business critical. I have an old server and a technet subscription, so I can play in safety. Once I get to putting this into my live environment, would it be worth setting up a vm on the live machine (I believe my 2008 r2 licence allows me one VM as well as the physical instance running) to isolate it from the day to day work of the server? Or is it better just to install it on my live machine?

Incidentally, although I am only allowed one VM with the licence I have, am I correct in thinking that I could build several VMs to perform different tasks as long as I only run one at a time. Again just thinking of separating roles which are not part of the core function of our one and only server.

Thanks

Thank Post
    I haven't got as far as capturing the image yet... just trying to deploy Windows 7 to a machine using WDS / MDT... this works doesn't it?!

Thank Post
    it should do as long as you have device drivers for sata/nic in boot image a windows disc imported and a task sequence that works

Thank Post
    I haven't got as far as capturing the image yet... just trying to deploy Windows 7 to a machine using WDS / MDT... this works doesn't it?!
    My bad! I thought you were pushing out a prepared image!

Thank Post
    I'm struggling.

Upon PXE booting everything goes great until the Setup is preparing you computer for first use screen- i've got an error saying 'the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error to install windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation'

Any help appreciated!!
    Format the Hdd (use a bootable DVD/USB) and try again :-)

Thank Post
    Hi,
    I am using Acronics true image which i can boot from usb and backup the image onto external 1tb hard drive.
    Backing up the image is very fast and restore the image onto pc or laptop is very fast, it take 10 to 15 mins to restore the image onto the PC or Laptop.
    Hope that helps you.
    Last edited by Bhavesh; 10th January 2013 at 12:50 PM.

11. Thanks to Bhavesh from:

marsdenprimary (10th January 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhavesh View Post
    Hi,
    I am using Acronics true image which i can boot from usb and backup the image onto external 1tb hard drive.
    Backing up the image is very fast and restore the image onto pc or laptop is very fast, it take 10 to 15 mins to restore the image onto the PC or Laptop.
    Hope that helps you.
    Thanks for this- I want to use WDS as I have over 20 machines to image so this wouldn't be the best option With WDS I can install an image onto multiple machines at once in about 15 minutes. ANYWAY i've successfully managed it following these guides:

CAPTURING: how can I CAPTURE an Image using WDS - Windows Deployment Services (WDS) - www.windows-noob.com

DEPLOYING: how can I DEPLOY an image captured using WDS ? - Windows Deployment Services (WDS) - www.windows-noob.com

SYSPREP: how can I sysprep Windows Vista ? - Deploying Windows XP, Vista, Server and more... - www.windows-noob.com

Thank Post
    Thanks for this- I want to use WDS as I have over 20 machines to image so this wouldn't be the best option With WDS I can install an image onto multiple machines at once in about 15 minutes. ANYWAY i've successfully managed it following these guides:

CAPTURING: how can I CAPTURE an Image using WDS - Windows Deployment Services (WDS) - www.windows-noob.com

DEPLOYING: how can I DEPLOY an image captured using WDS ? - Windows Deployment Services (WDS) - www.windows-noob.com

SYSPREP: how can I sysprep Windows Vista ? - Deploying Windows XP, Vista, Server and more... - www.windows-noob.com
    Gave up on MDT?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsonga View Post
    Gave up on MDT?
    Well I used MDT to create a boot image...i think...i got a bit confused with the MDT / WDS thing because i was pointing to shares here and there and so i probably used it... :/ Don't know what's happening anymore.

Thank Post
    If you need some help just let me know.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123