+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Folder Redirection - Move the contents to the new location "System Call" error in Technical; We're in the process of restructuring our User Data shares after our Windows 7 transition. At the moment our Students ...

Thank Post

Folder Redirection - Move the contents to the new location "System Call" error

We're in the process of restructuring our User Data shares after our Windows 7 transition.

At the moment our Students have their Home Drive mapped to "\\domain\LegacyData\Students\YearGroup\Userna me" but the permissions are wrong and we'd rather start a fresh than try and patch up.

I've experimented with simply changing the Folder Redirect location and letting the "Move the contents of Documents to the new location" setting do the bulk of the work. This looks like it will do the work, the permissions on the folders created in the new location seem fine....but....that's all it's done. It's only created the folder structure. It hasn't copied any files or actually redirected.

When I check the event logs on the machine I find that the redirect has failed...

Code:
    Failed to apply policy and redirect folder "Documents" to "\\domain\UserData\Students\2000\win7stu\Documents".
     Redirection options=0x1009.
     The following error occurred: "Failed to copy files from "\\domain\legacydata\studentwork\2000\win7stu" to "\\domain\UserData\Students\2000\win7stu\Documents"".
     Error details: "The system call level is not correct.
    ".
    I've tried to find any clues on this "system call" error without any major leads. It just seems to be a generic "I gone broked" error.
    We don't have any quotas on the new or old areas (yet!) which was one of the leads I found.

Any suggestions? Or even alternatives?
    Last edited by Arcolite; 27th November 2012 at 04:00 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread