+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Cross platform issues between RM XP CC3 and Win 7 in Technical; Hi, We are experiencing problems with users who are on the RM XP CC3 network logging into our new build ...

Thank Post

Cross platform issues between RM XP CC3 and Win 7

Hi,

We are experiencing problems with users who are on the RM XP CC3 network logging into our new build of a non-RM Windows 7. It seems to be that they cant see network drives at all. Has anyone experienced this or heard of this issue

Many thanks for any help

Thank Post
    I had issues like this. Turned out rm keeps information with ref to drive mappings in the users profile.

So doing a profile reset fixed the issue for me but as soon as the user logged back into a cc station it buggered up the profile again.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IKWeb View Post
    I had issues like this. Turned out rm keeps information with ref to drive mappings in the users profile.

So doing a profile reset fixed the issue for me but as soon as the user logged back into a cc station it buggered up the profile again.
    That is exactly what we are getting, did you ever find a solution to the problem at all, open to all suggestions here as we have a deadline for Win 7 rollout coming up fast

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tobiasclarity View Post
    That is exactly what we are getting, did you ever find a solution to the problem at all, open to all suggestions here as we have a deadline for Win 7 rollout coming up fast
    It seems (just to boil it down some more) if we move the user out of the RM OU in AD into our new Win 7 OU then when they log back into the RM XP CC3 it has lost its drive mappings

Thank Post
    Could use not just set a gp in the win7 ou and add a logon script to that gp that maps the drives?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nev104 View Post
    Could use not just set a gp in the win7 ou and add a logon script to that gp that maps the drives?
    Potentially yes, but ideally i wanted to find a way of fixing it without having to use a script

Thank Post
    Just a quick solution few line batch script.

Thank Post
    I would guess that RM are using some RM magic to map the drives not standard scripts, so being that it is a non RM build of Windows 7 it would probably be expected.

If you have already split the Windows 7 clients in to a new OU structure, have you tried using a 'REPLACE' loopback policy and redesigning a user policy down in the Windows 7 computer OU? It will get you out of jail while you start to move away from RM (which is what i;m guessing you are doing)

Thank Post
    Jame - Yes you are right, RM don't use GP to map drivers its all done though the RM software.

I didn't find a full time solution but what I did was ran a script which deleted all profiles each night.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread