+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Realtek HD Audio - sound/no sound in Technical; Hello all, Right, we're on a CC4 network with mainly RM One Touch computers running Windows 7. I seem to ...

Thank Post

Realtek HD Audio - sound/no sound

Hello all,

Right, we're on a CC4 network with mainly RM One Touch computers running Windows 7. I seem to be endlessly running into problems lately with a few systems where users report no sound coming out of external wall speakers when they're playing media/CDs.

The front audio jack is connected by a 3.5mm to 2 phono lead to a Denon amplifier. When I login in as admin and go into Reltek HD Audio settings and click on 'test sound' I can hear the test sound through the wall speakers via the amplifier. Web pages with video sound is outputted through the speakers too. Yet, when I try to play a CD in windows media player = No sound.

I've tried properties and changed device type but can't seem to get sound from windows media player.

I'm not at work at the moment so don't have the full details/settings to hand but can anybody please shed any light on this as it's driving me mad. I can reply tomorrow with other settings/details if you require them in order to help.

Many thanks,

NS
    Last edited by NumberSix; 5th November 2012 at 05:56 PM.

Thank Post
    Have the computers ever worked with media player? Just wondering if it's more a codec/media player issue rather than sound drivers etc. Does it work via VLC/winamp etc?

If it's media player classic, ensure things like DirectSound are enabled in settings.

If it's bog standard media player, have you disabled things like 24bit audio, in case your device doesn't support it?

Steve

Thank Post
    As said before check to see if the music will play through any other player installed on the PC ... IE right click the music file and select play with .... Real Players a good test. Sounds like you might have a codec problem ... try installing Klite codec pak ... It will give you every codec under the sun and also reinstall media player classic .... If the test tone works OK then the driver should be OK also but it might be worth a reinstall ....

Thank Post
    This may be a basic answer, but you have to knock out all possibilities......is media player muted?
    The amount of times teachers have said the sound isn't working.....and it was muted xD

Thank Post
    Hello all,

Thanks for all your replies.

I've just installed latest drivers on my machine for the Realtek HD Audio device (High Definition Audio Codecs (Software)) from their site. This seems to have fixed a couple of issues (front audio jack not working).

Now, my next question is, can somebody please point me in the right direction for getting this driver onto CC4 and pushing it out to other windows 7 machines on the CC4 network here.

The file is 32bit_Vista_Win7_Win8_R270 and is a .exe - I'm not sure best way to get this onto the CC4 network so any help gratefully appreciated. On CC4 Rm Management Console I can see under software there is a drivers section so I guess it needs to go in here somehow.

Thanks,

NS

Thank Post
    You could possibly push that out through the RMMC as a package?

Thank Post
    Is the exe unzippable with something like 7z? I often find the files I'm looking for within a exe file. Alternatively look in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository on a machine you have manually installed the driver. There should be a folder with that day's date containing all you need.

If you add these files to the driver section you will need to rebuild the machines for it to install - if you are looking to push it out post build you are looking at creating a package, though I have had limited success packaging drivers - it might work if you can wrap a package around the unaltered exe with switches, by creating a CC3 type ini file and importing to RMMC that way.
    Last edited by clareq; 7th November 2012 at 02:43 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread