+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Folder Redirection and Windows 7 - Help is this normal in Technical; Hi all. Can someone please explain to me if this is how it is meant to work and if it ...

Thank Post

Folder Redirection and Windows 7 - Help is this normal

Hi all.

Can someone please explain to me if this is how it is meant to work and if it is correct because this is what is going on in my enviroment.

I have configured Folder redirection for both XP and Windows 7 (the setting to move existing documents to the new share is enabled)

The xp users work as I would expect, everything syncs when the gpo is applied.

The Windows 7 users doesn't work as I would expect. The user folder is created, the documents folder is created, but no files are moved across to the actual share. The user can still see their work but it is a offline copy. Only when they make changes to the file that it is actually moved to the share and made online.

Now I have looked and looked for a solution but I cannot find one. Is this what is meant to happen?

We are using a 2003 domain.

Thanks

Thank Post
    We have windows 7 but with windows 2008R2. Instead of trusting the option to move files to new location, we just moved it manually. We just let AD created home folders for users and than just copy students docs in batch.
    I just don't trust Windows automation.

3. Thanks to kcymer from:

Oaktech (26th October 2012)

Thank Post
    I have the same problem. Trying to redirect just favorites and desktop for a select group of users that . The user folder is created, the desktop and favorites folders are created, but they are empty. If something new is created in the desktop or favorites, it shows up, but all their existing items are not being saved on the server. I'm not exactly sure where they are being saved, because if you now look in C:\Users\<username> on their machines, the desktop and favorites folders no longer exist there, but the user still has access to them somehow. Definitely not the behavior I expected when setting it up.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread