+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Windows 7 Pro OEM Activation Keys in Technical; I have some laptops at a school which have stickers with Windows 7 Pro license keys on them. I have ...

Thank Post

Windows 7 Pro OEM Activation Keys

I have some laptops at a school which have stickers with Windows 7 Pro license keys on them. I have rebuilt these using WDS and a Win 7 Pro retail image. During the build I have then entered the key from each laptop manually, which the laptops have accepted and said the windows is now activated.

However a few days later users are now logging in and windows is saying the key is not genuine and windows is not activated. I entered the OEM key from the laptop again, and again it was accepted saying the key was OK and windows was activated.

A few days later it is having the same problem yet again. I have only activated machines using a volume license key in the past and VAMT2, but deiced to use the Win 7 Pro key from the sticker on these laptops.

Does anyone know what might be wrong please?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,134 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Different ISO images take diffrent keys with Windows. As long as you have an OEM version of the software on the machine you are able to use a Volume License key to activate under the Microsoft licensing agreement AFAIK.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread