+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Boardworks French Grammar Toolkit - Not running in Technical; Hello, Has anyone has any experience using Boardworks French Grammar Toolkit, We are having an issue running it off one ...

Thank Post

Unhappy Boardworks French Grammar Toolkit - Not running

Hello,

Has anyone has any experience using Boardworks French Grammar Toolkit, We are having an issue running it off one of our servers, it seems to open then just crash, i don't know whether it is out dated (seeing as it got put on in the early 2007), but has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

SamBrooks

Thank Post
    We have a bunch of boardworks kit, and pretty much none of it works properly due to us restricting macros etc.

Not had it crash directly, but might be worth trying it on a full admin account, just to see if it's restrictions in place and what/not.

Some of their older versions (not sure how old) don't work on Win7 at all as well, so might want to check which version it is.

Steve

Thank Post
    Ahh right, Well, i've got Boardworks KS4 working off the server but not the toolkit

I shall have to check the versions!

Thanks

SamBrooks

Thank Post
    @SamBrooks - Without knowing your school details I can't be sure, but from your description it certainly sounds like it is a version that isn't compatible with Windows 7/Server 2008. If you'd like to get in touch with us directly on 08450 300400 or email support@boardworks.co.uk we will certainly be able to help in getting this working for you.
    @Steve21 - I understand the need to secure Macros and ActiveX within Office. What we suggest, if you are running Office 2007 or above, is to add the location of the presentations to the Trusted Locations within Office's Trust Centre. This will enable Macros and ActiveX for PowerPoints in these specific folders but keep them disabled for all other locations.
    Last edited by Boardworks; 11th October 2012 at 11:58 AM.

Thank Post
    We found that our French Grammar Toolkit runs, but none of the buttons work. However our Staff are managing find by browsing to the Powerpoint they require and loading that manually.

With the interactive elemnts in the Powerpoints themselves we found we had to add our Shared Folder as a Trusted Locations in Administrative Templates/Microsoft Office 2010/Security Settings/Trust Center.

Once you have added that you then need to Enable "Allow Trusted Locations on the network" in Administrative Templates/Microsoft PowerPoint 2010/PowerPoint Options/Security/Trust Center/Trusted Locations.
    (there is a setting like this for each Office program but I've found Boardworks only requires the Powerpoint one).

Once those are applied the users will not be prompted to Enable Macros / Active Content.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread