+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Windows 7 64bit wireless Profile Disappears but GPO stays. in Technical; first time posting. Here is my problem and has me stump pretty good. We have a GPO to push out ...

Thank Post

Windows 7 64bit wireless Profile Disappears but GPO stays.

first time posting.

Here is my problem and has me stump pretty good.

We have a GPO to push out are Wireless profile to all laptops in the district WPA2 -Enterprise. We have many different wireless broadcasting from Students ,staff and BYOD. Everything is working just great but now running into a weird issue.

Here and there some laptops just disconnect from the WPA2 -Enterprise after reboot and connect to are Unsecured wireless (It is not really unsecured, Once connect it will open a web browser and make you sign in it is made for BYOD)

When we look at the laptops and run a RSOP.msc we can tell the Wireless Policy is there under Computer config -> Windows Settings -> Wireless networks. but no profile under Manage Wireless Networks. It is just MIA. The student don't have rights to delete the Profile.

Sometimes if we reboot the laptop the wireless profile shows up. But it most cases we need to plug in the laptop to the network and run a gpupdate /force and reboot it for the wireless profile to show up.

I was reading online and many people are running into the issue but I never could find an answer. It is just weird that the Profile just randomly disappears but GPO is still on the Laptop. It happens at random on top of that maybe 5 to 10 a day all over the district.

Thank Post
    Considering this is a wireless issue. How are you deploying your wireless profiles and are you 'Slow Link Detecting' ? <- Can be a major cause of 'intermittent' issues.

Thank Post
    We are stilling running into the issue. We found out that other schools are also running into this issue as well. Don't know if it is a Microsoft issue or what. But we cant seem to Duplicate the issue on demand. As i said before the wireless policy get applied and the wireless profile.

It works just fine for weeks and then all of a sudden the Wireless Profile is Gone on the Laptop but the Wireless Policy is still there. No one has rights to delete the profile it self. If we plug it in the network and do a reboot the wireless profile appears. We also have that all the laptops run a Gpupdate when they log in to make sure they get the printer policy. Also there is no time out for the wireless policy to delete or remove the Wireless profile.

As for The Minister: I am not sure about the Slow Link Detecting but from what i can tell the wireless policy is getting on the laptops so that should not be an issue. this is more like the wireless policy is not applying the wireless Profile some times.

Thank Post
    Here are a Few pictures on what we are seeing. Hopefully someone Could help me out. These screen shots are taking from a student laptop. As you can see the Wireless policy is there but the wireless profile disappears.

Wireless.PNG wireless 2.PNGwireless 3.PNG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Spectoron; 26th February 2013 at 04:09 PM.

Thank Post
    Ok I got more information, I have found an error in the event log "a previously existing wireless group policy couldn't be applied to your computer" (attach is a Picture)
    Wireless GPO.png
    I went to Microsoft site to find more information and there Fix is to plug it in and run a gpupdate. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...(v=ws.10).aspx So this is my problem but cant find an answer on why it is happening.

So the laptop turns on and some how cant load the Wireless group policy that is cache on the laptop so that the wireless profile does not appear, thus causing the laptop not to connect to the network. In short the wireless policy is still on the computer just cant apply "random and never on the same laptops". This is starting to make my head hurt.

So anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by Spectoron; 26th February 2013 at 07:44 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread