+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Toshiba C850 Problem in Technical; Hello all, I've been given some Toshiba C850's to image. After imaging and booting up, I'm prompted for a computer ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 1,263 Posts

Toshiba C850 Problem

Hello all,

I've been given some Toshiba C850's to image. After imaging and booting up, I'm prompted for a computer name (using MySysprep2) and weirdly, the screen goes blank half way through Sysprep.

The computer then restarts, I see the Toshiba BIOS screen, I see the Windows 7 boot logo, but then the screen goes blank again.

The BIOS is up-to-date, I've tried an external screen and get nothing at all, tried AHCI and Compatibility Mode in BIOS and VGA mode pressing F8. Same problem.

I then swapped the hard drive with the exact same model (factory default Windows install) and it loads up correctly.

I'm now doing a generic Windows 7 install and just waiting for this to finish. I can't quite see what the problem is, as normally a missing driver would display everything in VGA mode, but it doesn't.

I obviously need to image these ASAP, but never quite come across these problems before. Any other suggestions?

Thank Post
    Installing a generic copy of Windows 7 works, I can get into Windows and everything's in VGA mode. Question is, why doesn't my existing Sysprepped Windows 7 image work? It works over other hardware without issue!

Thank Post
    I've solved this mystery! The existing image had Intel HD Graphics driver version 8.15.10.2476 installed.

Once I updated the master image and upgraded this to version 8.15.10.2761 it solved the problem.

Thank Post
    Also - for everyone's reference, not all the drivers for this model work on Toshiba's driver website.

For example, the Atheros WLAN driver packages do not work. I had to visit Atheros's own website and download the correct drivers.

The Intel Chipset driver package also doesn't work properly. I had to navigate manually to the %temp% directory and manually specify the INF.

Thank Post
    Hello,
    How did you find the .INF file within the temp folder in App Data?
    Im having the exact same problem as you. I have installed the 8.15.10.2761 driver using safe mode and it works, but im trying to get it working through our WDS server now as I have more than one to build (unfortunately).
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Regards, Dan

Thank Post
    From the top of my head, the driver package runs but doesn't install the driver. Manually opening up Device Manager and telling it to look in %temp% worked.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread