Here is my current setup. My Desktop with an account for me & wife plus Wifes laptop. I've want to backup all the files that we have on the computers onto a NAS drive and have looked at something similar to SyncToy(can't remember name) but one thing I couldn't work out how to do was setup the backup config. Basically, I want to be able to backup all the data on the desktop and on the Laptop and I have setup how to do this for my machine, but I don't know how to set it up to include the laptop without the possibility of either duplicating the data OR deleting the backup files because the don't exist on the laptop.

The wife has lots of files which are duplicated on the laptop (mainly photo's) and I wouldn't want to back these up if it has already been done from the desktop. But if the files do not exist on the laptop, I don't want them to be deleted on the NAS as it may be that she hasn't copied them onto the laptop yet.

Is it possible to backup files from a desktop & laptop to the same destination without any problems, or do I need to except that I may have to duplicate the backup data?

I'm pretty sure I'm being thick here but I've ended up over thinking this and need someone to point me in the right direction please...