+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Error with Sharing Calenders Outlook 2010\Exchange 2010 in Technical; ...

Thank Post

Error with Sharing Calenders Outlook 2010\Exchange 2010

Hi All,

We migrated from Windows XP\Server 2003 to Windows 7\Server 2008 this summer and have been having issue with calendar sharing in MS Outlook.

When we used to use Exchange 2003\ Outlook 2007 staff was able to share their personal calendars with one another. However since the new system it there appears to be permissions issue which is preventing them from doing this.

From Outlook users get the following message when they try to prepare sharing with another user:

"Error while preparing to send sharing message"

I had a quick read online and it mentioned default sharing policy which I checked and seems to enable sharing for our users. Several Forums also suggested to see if users could share via Outlook Web Access. The message work but then even after accepted they still could not access one another calendarís (It just came up blank).

Further reading has suggested to me that it could be something does with the Auto discover virtual directory service not running but I am unfamiliar with this.

Any ideas? I'm sure this may be a common issue when moving from exchange 2003 to 2010 but I can't seem to find an answer. Iím hoping itís something quite simple!
    In case I didnít mention it this issue is affected all users.
    Thanks in advance!

James

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Had similar problems intermittently. I'd recommend patching to the latest Exchange 2010 SP + roll up and ensure that Outlook is up to date (maybe even install the latest cumulative updates for Office Apps). Read the release notes thoroughly first - sometime you need to disable forefront, sometime you don't - and if you get it wrong exchange wont start - fun times.

It then works.

If it doesn't, check your autodiscovery and certificates.

Thank Post
    Try adding a exception for the url of the exchange under IE and test. If sharing policies are set correctly then thats not your issue.

4. Thanks to sukh from:

hillskill (1st October 2012)

Thank Post
    Thanks- It was a proxy exception issue.

Had add both external address and internal IP!!!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hillskill View Post
    Thanks- It was a proxy exception issue.

Had add both external address and internal IP!!!
    I'm battling with this too - I'll try giving proxy ecxeptions a go.

Meldrew

Thank Post
    Had this problem with one of our users.

When the same user tried to share their calendar via outlook web access they got an error stating their calendar was corrupt due to a duplicate ACL or it appeared to work but they then couldn't see each others calendars - just blank.

Tried running a repair on the mailbox and exporting their mailbox to a PST file and reimporting but no joy.

I found a Microsoft blog describing a similar issue caused by corrupt headers and how it could be fixed using a tool called MFCMAPI. Once I figured out how to use same tool for fixing a corrupt ACL it solved our problem.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hillskill View Post
    I had a quick read online and it mentioned default sharing policy which I checked and seems to enable sharing for our users. Several Forums also suggested to see if users could share via Outlook Web Access. The message work but then even after accepted they still could not access one another calendar’s (It just came up blank).

Further reading has suggested to me that it could be something does with the Auto discover virtual directory service not running but I am unfamiliar with this.
    Hi,
    Do you try Tried running a repair on the mailbox and exporting the mailbox to a PST file ?
    you should be try this one first export mailbox to pst and after that try to reimporting it.for this you can use any professional tool for help there so many software for this purpose ,as i already used Kernel for Exchange Server so i also want to recommended you for this software.
    Hope this information help you.

Thank Post
    I think you can try the great third party recovery tool. It's a great utility and I believe it. Please visit the site to know more about product http://www.petri.co.il/edbtopst.htm
    Last edited by kristy_paul; 7th December 2012 at 08:02 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    We're having ongoing issues with sharing, especially around using groups to assign access to mailboxes. It did *seem* to be improved by SP and CUs but it never really went away.

I think for us this is conflated with an issue where our SAN Certificate has the wrong name listed first which is impacting Outlook's ability to access shared calendars and out of office functionality from outside the firewall.

If @cscott has a link to the tool/KB article referenced it would be great to see it.
    Last edited by psydii; 7th December 2012 at 12:39 PM.

Thank Post
    Had this exact problem few weeks ago, you need to add your domain to the proxy exceptions list Either locally or make a GPO

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread