+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, CS5 on Windows 7 and 213.13 in Technical; I'm getting really tired of Adobe's licensing bugs. We get that 213.13 error if students don't have permission to write ...
    Thank Post

CS5 on Windows 7 and 213.13

I'm getting really tired of Adobe's licensing bugs. We get that 213.13 error if students don't have permission to write to %AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\Adobe\SLStore

So I created a group policy to set the file permission on this folder to make they (and system/admins etc) have write access. Works fine with Xp, but now our new Windows 7 pcs seem to ignore the GPO settings and the permissions are either not applied, or seem to be missing. Once you delete the folder, and run any CS5 the folder is recreated but the files in the SLStore folder have no permissions at all!

Has anyone managed to get around this daft setup with CS5 on Windows 7?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    That's odd, we've got CS5 running on a couple hundred Win7x64 student machines and the accounts are all limited users. How are you pushing out CS5? If you haven't looked at it yet, Adobe has a deployment toolkit for CS5. It'll make the process on orders of magnitude easier.

Thank Post
    Yup, we used the Adobe deployment toolkit to create the installation package, which works fine. But the CS5 suite needs to write to the All users folder for its license server/check and thats why I've had to set permissions as students don't normally have write access to these folder. But with W7 adobe seems to screw this permission up royally!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Huh, I haven't ran into that problem yet. Have you applied any updates to it before rolling it up? I didn't bother when I did so that could be a difference. As far as fixing the current problem, you could try using a startup script to set the permissions on that folder. Startup scripts run with local machine credentials so it shouldn't matter if the user logging in is a limited one or not.

Thank Post

TRY and reboot and additional permission sets

Quote Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
    Yup, we used the Adobe deployment toolkit to create the installation package, which works fine. But the CS5 suite needs to write to the All users folder for its license server/check and thats why I've had to set permissions as students don't normally have write access to these folder. But with W7 adobe seems to screw this permission up royally!
    Hello,

I have CS6 working at our school and this is what I done, I followed the deployment kit and then import the package through mangement console. The way I got around the permission problems was to add the following under the security tab of the package itself:

<object Name="C:\ProgramData\Adobe" Type="1" Action="0">
    <ace Name="everyone" Mask="0x1F01FF" Flags="3" />
    </object>
    <object Name="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe" Type="1" Action="0">
    <ace Name="everyone" Mask="0x1F01FF" Flags="3" />
    </object>

This relaxes these permissions I found that I had to add the program data permission and I also put a reboot in the package and mine work. The reboot was vital otherwise it doesn't work or you can refresh the security on the machine.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread