+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Clevertouch driver with windows 7 in Technical; Hi Please can someone help. We have several classrooms with some very old clevertouch boards which are running windows xp ...
    Thank Post

Clevertouch driver with windows 7

Hi

Please can someone help. We have several classrooms with some very old clevertouch boards which are running windows xp and they work great. I am now in the process of upgrading to windows 7 but the drivers we have will not work.

Does anyone have any drivers that will work, if so please could you tell me where I can download them from.

I have phoned Sahara the manufactures but have not had any luck. I have also tried downloading drivers from Lynx 4 update but these will not work with our boards.

Thanks for all your help.

Richard

Thank Post
    Hi, not sure whether you'll have got this sorted or not, but have you tried downloading the Clevertouch drivers from Lynx 4 update

Also, I think there are UPDD drivers which work in conjunction with the Lynx/Clevertouch software - are you on 64-bit Windows 7 or 32-bit? If it's 64-bit the UPDD drivers may need upgrading as well.

Thank Post
    32 bit

Richard

Thank Post
    HI

I have managed to get on 4.1.6.0 that will work with windows 7. Beware there is a newer one that will install but when you uninstall it becuase it does not work it deletes all the short cuts in all programs.

Richard

Thank Post
    Hi

Is the best way to do a system restore and to delete the folders directly? As I have put the latest version on.

Is there any chance you could email me a copy of the 4.1.6.0 Windows 7 x64 Driver please?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ricki View Post
    HI

I have managed to get on 4.1.6.0 that will work with windows 7. Beware there is a newer one that will install but when you uninstall it becuase it does not work it deletes all the short cuts in all programs.

Richard

Thank Post
    I'm back on the case trying to get Windows 7 working with Clevertouch boards as well.

I notice that the version 4.1.6.0 that you reference above is for Touch-Base UPDD drivers. They have extensive documentation about their drivers at Windows Platform Notes

However the actual driver is only available as a 100-click evaluation copy and has to be purchased to work properly - but we already purchased it when we bought the whiteboards, so the school is very much against paying out any more money for new drivers at the moment. Has anyone found a way round this?

Thank Post
    Quick update: I've got the Clevertouch boards interactive with drivers downloaded from Touch-Base Ltd - Universal Touch Screen and Controller Drivers. It's the 64-bit drivers version 5.0.02, called eGalax.

What helped was having one board with UPDD drivers installed but not working. I was able to get the VID (0EEF) and PID (0001) from that one and identify the correct driver from TouchBase's website from there.

Still not sure about the fact it's a 100-click evaluation copy only though, am awaiting news from TouchBase on this one.

Thank Post
    Hi

Phone tech support at sahara (0) 20 8319 7755. I only have a 32 bit driver and ask them to send you the driver. Plus please note they have two one breaks the machine completely and will need a complete reinstall. The other one works ok.

Richard

Thank Post
    Which version of the Clevertouch do you have? We have the older ones and I managed to download the x64 bit from their website and it works apparently.

If you PM me, then I can send you a link from where to download the one I got from us.

Quote Originally Posted by ricki View Post
    Hi

Phone tech support at sahara (0) 20 8319 7755. I only have a 32 bit driver and ask them to send you the driver. Plus please note they have two one breaks the machine completely and will need a complete reinstall. The other one works ok.

Richard

Thank Post
    Thanks, I'll give Sahara a call when I'm onsite next week at that school.

We have the Clevertouch boards with the ITL TP001 USB controller. The evaluation drivers I downloaded from TouchBase were eGalax branded now and they worked fine, but they will expire after 100 clicks. The company hasn't got back to me with a price for licensing the drivers either. We have a mix of 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7 laptops connecting to Clevertouch boards.

Thank Post
    I just realised I also have the drivers from TouchBase, it is disgusting that we will need to spend another grand to get them working properly with Windows 7 x64 devices. The IWB are nearly 6 years old!!!

If you get anywhere with Sahara then please post it on here

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread