+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Creating a shortcut to a folder using a script .. in Technical; Afternoon all Right, one of the issues I'm hitting today is that before the holidays we bought Clicker 6 and ...
    Thank Post

Creating a shortcut to a folder using a script ..

Afternoon all

Right, one of the issues I'm hitting today is that before the holidays we bought Clicker 6 and we inherited a newer version of Textease from a school merger that happened last year that has gone on to the system too.

Now, those of you familiar with Clicker will know about the Crick Picture Library and our ICT Teacher likes using that for Clipart in Textease.

So, I've looked about and found that the Crick Picture Library is stored in "C:\ProgramData\Crick Software\Crick Picture Library 3\" and when you're in Textease, the default resources startup folder is in "C:\Program Files\Lightbox Education\Textease Resources\" .. what I want to do is create a shortcut in the Resources folder to the Crick Picture Library 3 Folder so that they can browse over nice and easily and access all of the photos as they used to be able to, but I'm really struggling getting Windows 7 to let me create such a shortcut, so HELP ..

Ideally, I'd like to be able to script this so it goes "if the crick folder exists and if the textease folder exists then create a shortcut in the textease folder to the crick one"

I have tried using shortcut.exe, but it keeps throwing an access denied message when testing, so I'm a bit stuck as to the best way to do this.

Thanks in advance
    Andy

Thank Post
    Managed to solve it .. using the shortcut.exe I used the following script and that worked fine:

Code:
     @echo off

if not exist "C:\ProgramData\Crick Software\Crick Picture Library 3\." goto end

if not exist "C:\Program Files\Lightbox Education\Textease Resources\." goto end

\\school.local\NETLOGON\SCRIPTWARE-STORE\Shortcut.exe /F:"C:\Program Files\Lightbox Education\Textease Resources\Crick Picture Library.lnk" /A:C /T:"C:\ProgramData\Crick Software\Crick Picture Library 3"

:end

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread