+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, RemoteApp prompting twice for credentials - NOT AN ISSUE WITH REMOTEAPP SETUP... in Technical; Hello everyone, I have a Windows 7 Home Premium computer that I use to connect to RD Web and launch ...

Thank Post

RemoteApp prompting twice for credentials - NOT AN ISSUE WITH REMOTEAPP SETUP...

Hello everyone,

I have a Windows 7 Home Premium computer that I use to connect to RD Web and launch RemoteApps. The problem is that I get prompted twice to enter credentials to open a RemoteApp - I get prompted at the RD Web Access login which is fine but for some reason SSO is not working and causing me to have to re-authenticate when I launch a RemoteApp. It also asks for credentials everytime I open another remoteApp during that session.

I can confirm that the server side setup is working properly because I have tried it on another Windows computer which is not connected to the same domain. This other computer is running Windows 7 Professional - is it possible that this is the reason why, when launching remoteApps on Home Premium I am asked again when I click on a remoteApp - I can't think this would be.

Any help/advice would be appreciated as it is quite annoying when trying to use a number of remoteApps!!

Thanks in advance!

J.Worth.

Thank Post
    Did you manage to fix this as I am having the same issue with sever 2012 remote apps

Thank Post
    With 2008R2 RDS at least, this happens when you do not choose the "this is a private computer" when logging into web access, which essentially disables sso.

Also happens when your remote apps are not signed, or signed with a self-signed certificate.

Thank Post
    ok so i need to sign remote apps, how do i sign a server when the server name is remote.domainname.local as i have just read some CA are stopping the .local domain ssl

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ful56_uk View Post
    ok so i need to sign remote apps, how do i sign a server when the server name is remote.domainname.local as i have just read some CA are stopping the .local domain ssl
    If your remote apps are only for internal use and not for external use, you can set up your own active dirtectory integrated certificate authority and issue a certificate from that. If your apps will be used externally then you need to start using the external dns name instead of the internal one.

Thank Post

RemoteApp prompting twice for credentials - NOT AN ISSUE WITH REMOTEAPP SETUP...

When you say use the external dns name do you mean for the server name? How can you do that if the server is attached to the domain which is .local

Thank Post
    Well, your internal active directory domain might be randomcompany.local and the server might be remote.randomcompany.local, but your website might be www.randomcompany.com and your remote external address could then be remote.randomcompany.com. You should then purchase an external ssl certificate for the server to sign the remote apps/for web access etc with that external address.

You only need to do this if your remote apps are to be available form outside the network though. Otherwise just issue your own.
    Last edited by ChrisMiles; 22nd November 2012 at 03:24 PM.

Thank Post
    we have a wildcard ssl i tried adding that but it comes up with error about make sure you trust the publisher it list publisher as *.domain.com and the remote computer as server.domain.local and gateway server as rd.domain.com,

i cant work out how to get remove this error

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread