We have a school website written in Drupal and I have been having problems with it for some time. At Christmas I moved it to a new host and now I have all sorts of errors - and the whole calendar page is missing. The host tells me that I need to find out which third party modules the install is running.
Can anyone help - maybe have a look at it for me (any web guys whose CV I have helped with??) or give me some advice as to what to do. The head is not best pleased that all the dates are missing off the web!
I have tried to contact the original designer of the website, several times, to no avail.
If you PM me the address I'll take a look.
I'm guessing if you have moved to a new host it may be permissions on the drupal install, I'm not a drupal user so couldn't tell you what they would be I'm sure a quick google will tell you. Maybe also find out if its a third party calendar module and have a look at there forums.
If you move to a new host with Drupal, you need to duplicate absolutely everything as they were. So you would need to set file permissions as they were before, duplicate the database as it was etc. If thats gone wrong, then you would need to reinstall and go from scratch as it would most likely have been corrupted in the transfer.
Carl, of CSNewMedia - assures me that the transfer was perfect and that the issues are due to the fact that the website is in a very old version of Drupal- it needs updating but we don't know the modules that have been used and there seems to be no way to find out - mrwITch, who is far more website savvy than me, has searched everywhere but can find no information on the issues we are facing
Originally Posted by nephilim
are all the paths the same as before? I'd take a look at /admin/build/modules/list and compare that with whats actually in the modules folder.
edit - all modules that were on the old install should be in the modules folder on the new one, installing a module in drupal involves copying the folder to the modules directory and then enabling it via the web frontend
As above, if everythings been copied over it should be identical to the version on the old host
I recently tried a drupal 5.x move and had issues we couldn't resolve. Our problem was that we had loads of hand written non-drupal code that had been added over the years, combined with a domain name change. The site wouldn't even update correctly.Eventually we re-wrote the site in Drupal 7 then launched it last week. Not much help to you I know.
Did you try a test migration, and would it be easy enough to point back to the old server? It is definitely worth reading through the apache error.log as this often shows issues that the drupal log won't show.
The transfer can be perfect but still corrupt due to the new domain, new MX records, new dns records etc
That's the trouble when transferring cms content!
Well, we don't host it so I couldn't do a lot about it - basically we were paying a lot of money for a hosting service that really wasn't suitable so I was asked to move it. Many people recommended Carl and as I say, he assures me that everything transferred over absolutely fine. The problem I have, and I am not criticising Carl in any way, is that I don't understand anything about webhosting/migration/websites and so I really have no way of identifying what is/might/could be wrong.
There are errors appearing on the home page and the calendar was empty. I have now deleted the page to avoid any more phone calls from irate parents!