+ Post New Thread
Web Development Thread, EMBC Wordpress ohisp in Coding and Web Development; Hi We installed Wordpress via Fantastico on the cpanel and all of the links seem to be pointing to the ...

Thank Post

EMBC Wordpress ohisp

Hi

We installed Wordpress via Fantastico on the cpanel and all of the links seem to be pointing to the root not the ohisp address and therefore not working. As we wanted the site to be viweable by the Head teacher before it went live we are a bit stuck. What's the next step please.

OPENHIVEisp

Thank Post
    Hi there

Has this been dealt with?

John

Thank Post
    Hi John
    Thanks for asking. The site is now live but it was an ordeal. It is doubtful we would take a job involving EMBC hosting again. The support was incredibly variable, ranging from very helpful to borderline obstructive. The hosting set up element was a disproportionate amount of the job and it needn't have been. The odd thing was the permissions issues we were expecting weren't a problem, which was nice, but the (human) permissions problems from support were a huge pain.

Thank Post
    Hi Art,

I am sorry that you had the experience that you did, it certainly wasnt my intention as the Solution Architect to hinder the end user.

With regards to support, I will ensure that they are aware of the proper procedures to escalate (if your call had been unable to be dealt with by them it would have come to me - eventually). As I am sure you can imagine, not all of the support staff have root access to the servers to fix any issues and it is rather a new technology to Synetrix/Capita so there have been some teething problems (though I have been running my own hosting company for around ten years based around it and had very few issues, it was also the reason it was chosen - other products were just not cutting the mustard).

I would ask you to continue trying the hosting, and if you have any issues feel free to contact me directly

John

Thank Post
    Thanks for that John and for the swift reply. Our situation was exacerbated by us being an outside agency and therefore needing a third party contact within the school. They had to put through our requests and they weren't familiar with Wordpress... Obviously those issues are outside of this problem but do affect our opinion of the overall experience. If we were to do this again we would contact you first and flag up any issues as they arise.

Nick

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread