+ Post New Thread
Web Development Thread, Joomla Calendar (exchange link) in Coding and Web Development; I'm trying to sort out the calendar issues here. Currently we have a school wide one produced by the office ...

Thank Post

Joomla Calendar (exchange link)

I'm trying to sort out the calendar issues here. Currently we have a school wide one produced by the office in word (tables galore!), I have to try and keep the website calendar up to date, departments want their own calendars and there is no calls for there to be a "this week" or "up coming" feature on the intranet.

Currently my idea is to get the calendar into Exchange, use this as the master record and then others can base theirs off this or systems can synch with it. JEvents, which we currently use in Joomla, seems to be limited on what it can import (only allowing a new calendar to be based on an import not keep synced). Has anyone used ZapCalendar & if so did they do what we are trying & how did they find it? I know it is a paid solution but I'm happy with that if it does what we need.

Or anyone else got a solution?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,695 Times in 2,285 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Use sharepoint foundation 2010 which is free if you have a windows server and can have caladers that are linked to and accessed through outlook like an exchange one but as it can easily be displaied as a webpage you can use a redirect or possibly some kind of content injector to bring it into your existing site.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en...ang=en&id=5970

Overview

SharePoint Foundation 2010 is the new version of Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services. It is the essential solution for organizations that need a secure, manageable, web-based collaboration platform. ​SharePoint helps teams stay connected and productive by providing easy access to the people, documents, and information that they need to make well-informed decisions and get work done. Use SharePoint Foundation to coordinate schedules, organize documents, and participate in discussions through team workspaces, blogs, wikis, and document libraries on the platform that is the underlying infrastructure for SharePoint Server.
    Last edited by SYNACK; 11th August 2011 at 01:06 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanks for the suggestion but it seems like wielding a nuke to crack a nut. We have thought about moving over to Sharepoint for various things but just not right now.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Its just baby sharepoint and with only a few calanders on it will probably be one of the easiest solutions especially if already using exchange/outlook.

Thank Post
    Ok cool, I'll take a look at that.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Theres also stuff like this but sharepoint will probably still be easier Outlook Team Calendar - CodeProject

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread