+ Post New Thread
Web Development Thread, [AJAX] Dynamic drop-down boxes in Coding and Web Development; Good afternoon people, I am after some help with a purchase request internal order form I am trying to create. ...
    Thank Post

[AJAX] Dynamic drop-down boxes

Good afternoon people,

I am after some help with a purchase request internal order form I am trying to create. Basically Dropdown box 1 has static entries, in this case manufacturer names. I then use xmlrequests to complete the next drop down. Everything works fine in Chrome, Opera, FF but in IE it is only working for the middle 2 drop downs but not the final one.

The final drop down box is populated by a sql query that uses the model variable in the second drop down.

It is essential that I get this working with IE but i want it to be done in the cleanest way possible.

I have read that there is a limitation on the amount of XMLRequests possible in IE which is not present in the other browsers but don't have anything concrete to back this up, its just a response on another forum and thus havent found a solution around it.

I attempted to put $model into a $_SESSION and thus it would transition across pages but again this works in everything but IE

Any help would be much appreciated and apologies if this post doesnt make 100% sense.
    Last edited by JB_IT; 21st April 2011 at 03:18 PM.

Thank Post
    OK I've have now managed to fix this, by a combination of lots of head-scratching and reading and using the Dev tools in IE.

The correct page requests were being sent but my ajax code wasnt up to scratch mainly due to an lack of understanding, I had created numerous httpxml requests which was confusing things. I have now created just on GETXMLHTTP variable and now everything works as intended.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread