+ Post New Thread
Web Development Thread, Word Press HELP!!! in Coding and Web Development; recently one of my colleagues here was fired for gross misconduct (touchy subject as i disagree with the whole thing) ...

Thank Post

Exclamation Word Press HELP!!!

recently one of my colleagues here was fired for gross misconduct (touchy subject as i disagree with the whole thing) however he was in charge of our website, now he owned the domain and all rights to the site, but he has handed it over in a zip file, he did it all in wordpress and now we have bought our own domain for the school, the problem is we don't know the first place to start with uploading it we are using heartinternet for our hosting, anybody be able to help us out would mean alot

Regards

James

Thank Post
    Unzip the file, upload it to your webhost through FTP, create a new MySQL database and restore the SQL which I assume he's given you.

I'm not familiar with the Heart Internet control panel so can't provide you anything more specific, sorry!

Thank Post
    Get someone who knows Wordpress and knows security. If you don't know well the software you're going to try and use, it will be compromised.

Thank Post
    think between me and our network manager we have managed to sort it, thank you.

Thank Post
    Wordpress is an excellent tool, is still being developed and there is a good community supporting users and so I'm sure you will be able to solev any issues which arise. A word of advice regarding security ... make sure you have changed all passwords, and make sure you keep an eye out for the updates and apply them as soon as they are released (once you have backed up of course!). There are millions of Wordpress sites and when a vulnerability is discovered it is worth patching it quickly.

Thank Post
    The easiest way to install Wordpress is with fantatsico via CPanel Fantastico
    If you are having your site hosted you may have access to cpanel via www.yourwebsitename.com/cpanel
    scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the fantastico icon, wordpress will install in one click, you can also install Moodle, Joomla etc this way.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread