Ok had a nice play round with this now and some comments.
First of all great work, the 2 week timetable is working pefectly so far! I love the way you've implimented it.
- I get another "cannot be null" error when adding a catagory. I had to go into the database and set "displayed" = "1" by default
- Some of the input boxes in the modal box are not in order. It just nice to tab between them in order using the keyboard
- If the catagory text goes onto 2 lines then the pictures are out of alinement
- Using internet explorer 8 the links to the menu items have an "_" underscore between them
- Can the holidays have a background colour change as well? A nice pale red to make it obvious?
- As already mentioned it would be great to stop people booking a certain number of weeks in advance
- As mentioned it would be cool to see a report of who books the most rooms
- An image resizer for php so you dont have to resize them yourself
Last edited by zag; 24th November 2010 at 10:54 AM.
Any news on the next version?
I might role this out soon as testing has gone well.
It would be great to have coloured background for holidays just to make it totally obvious to staff!
Thank you for your posting!
Like the look of this booking system.
I have got the WAMP setup on a server, but my knowledge of php is poor. I have bookit available as a project and have gone to the first page and changed the admin password. My next step is to go to settings, but when i try, i get this error;
Fatal Error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in C:\wamp\www\bookit\system\codeigniter\common.php on line 383
Tried the system for the 1st time today. Very usable and not intimidating for the technophobes.
I second the proposals for repeat block booking ( for admins only ? ) and the ability to apply a limit on how far into the future booking can be done. Other than these I would not change or add anything. Keep it simple to use.
Well done to the developer.
I saw you were working on this again.
Here's my request list.
- Dates to show in the day name title. So instead of "Friday" it says "Friday 3rd"
- Colored backgrounds for holidays so its obvious
- Fix bug with new firefox beta's when entering new booking box input disappears.
Other than that its working great.
Nice bit of development you're doing there.
I currently use the booking tool from Devizes school. Whilst it works great it's a bit intensive on time at start of year as it doesn't do bulk uploads.
Another problem I have is block bookings for Year 11 should end at a different date from the rest of the school and also they have an exam period where they are on study leave so block bookings should leap the date range for the exams. Year 10 go to Work Experience so block bookings for this year needs to omit some weeks. Very painful to manage at the moment.
As Admin, I'm the only one able to do block bookings. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I didn't sign up to be a data entry clerk nor a room administrator.
The AV tech would like to use the booking tool for resources such as video cameras etc. Its good for making bookings in advance but doesn't track who a resource is currently booked out to (if that makes sense) so requires a separate sign in/out sheet.
seems to have a few issues in ie8. doesn't always log off properly.
Yeh any chance for an update?
I can't book anything with Firefox 4
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)