+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Web Development Thread, Booking System in Coding and Web Development; Originally Posted by bladedanny v0.3 demo looks good. CSV upload looks great, one thing that would be usefull is to ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bladedanny View Post
    v0.3 demo looks good. CSV upload looks great, one thing that would be usefull is to batch edit the picture file.

Thanks,

Dan
    I could do that so a CSV takes an extra two items for small_image and large_image, but it would then mean uploading the actually files manually. Would this be suitable?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
    I could do that so a CSV takes an extra two items for small_image and large_image, but it would then mean uploading the actually files manually. Would this be suitable?
    Yes this would be fine for me personally as uploading files isn't too difficult. Maybe a few versions down the line an image uploader could be built in?

Thanks,

Dan

Thank Post
    Alright, v0.3 has now been released with many of the requested features. Taking requests for v0.4 if anybody has any ideas of what could improve it.

Thank Post
    I dont know if its been said, or implimented but, reporting. Report per person, day, month, term/year. Maybe even reports of unbooked periods as I know that would be something our SMT would like to see so as to make sure teachers are actually trying to get booked in rather than just saying they are. And to expand on that "% ultilisation" to give an idea of if the timetable needs to be reworked for next year. Some sort of way to identify which periods in which rooms never or rarely get booked due to timetabling.

Again don't know if its been said, but once block booking are availible, the ability to limit how far into the future people can book so that people can't take the mick.

Can you delete timetabled classes for a certain day while leaving the subsequent weeks unaffected? Don't know how useful this would be to most people but this may be handy for PD days etc.

I'll keep 'em coming when I think of more if you like
    Last edited by j17sparky; 23rd November 2010 at 09:55 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j17sparky View Post
    I dont know if its been said, or implimented but, reporting. Report per person, day, month, term/year. Maybe even reports of unbooked periods as I know that would be something our SMT would like to see so as to make sure teachers are actually trying to get booked in rather than just saying they are. And to expand on that "% ultilisation" to give an idea of if the timetable needs to be reworked for next year. Some sort of way to identify which periods in which rooms never or rarely get booked due to timetabling.

Again don't know if its been said, but once block booking are availible, the ability to limit how far into the future people can book so that people can't take the mick.

Can you delete timetabled classes for a certain day while leaving the subsequent weeks unaffected? Don't know how useful this would be to most people but this may be handy for PD days etc.

I'll keep 'em coming when I think of more if you like
    Of course - love the ideas, and will see what can be done. As the ideas get more and more complex though, releases are going to slow down.

Thank Post
    Just tested the demo. When trying to book rooms, the javascript box pops up for a moment and tries to load, but then disappears again. Happens under both admin and user, and still occurs after I created a brand new room. I've tried a few weeks in advance, too, but no joy.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fafster View Post
    Just tested the demo. When trying to book rooms, the javascript box pops up for a moment and tries to load, but then disappears again. Happens under both admin and user, and still occurs after I created a brand new room. I've tried a few weeks in advance, too, but no joy.
    I've just tried it in the room you created, and it worked fine. Other people haven't reported this so I wonder whether it could be an issue with your browser?

Thank Post
    Alright folks. If you like BookIt please read this post:

Slim Jims

9. Thanks to Hightower from:

3s-gtech (24th November 2010)

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I get this when trying to save the settings page

Image1.jpg

Is there somewhere to set the week1_name?

Its the same if I select 1 week or 2 week timetable, no input box for week name.

EDIT: OK fixed it, I had to configure the year and holiday dates first. You might want to change the order of the instructions to reflect this.
    Last edited by zag; 24th November 2010 at 09:16 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zag View Post
    I get this when trying to save the settings page

Image1.jpg

Is there somewhere to set the week1_name?

Its the same if I select 1 week or 2 week timetable

EDIT: OK fixed it, I had to configure the year and holiday dates first. You might want to change the order of the instructions to reflect this.
    Yeah, little known bug already fixed for next release. In 0.3 it tries to save the custom week names for 2 week timetables, but it can't do this when it is set as a 1 week timetable thus causing the error. A fix for now is to go to settings and change to 2 week, save, then change back to 1 week and save. Like I say though, there is a fix for this in the next release.

Thank Post
    Howdy do,

Another snag I've hit with v3.0 is when setting holiday dates that end midweek, say on a monday, the whole week is marked down as a holiday. For example, after xmas we come back on the 3rd which is a Monday, I've put this in and the rest of the week is also marked down as holiday.

I also had a bit of trouble upgrading, but as I'm not using it live yet I did a clean install which worked fine.

Apart from that all is good.

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fafster View Post
    I get the same thing

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bladedanny View Post
    Howdy do,

Another snag I've hit with v3.0 is when setting holiday dates that end midweek, say on a monday, the whole week is marked down as a holiday. For example, after xmas we come back on the 3rd which is a Monday, I've put this in and the rest of the week is also marked down as holiday.

I also had a bit of trouble upgrading, but as I'm not using it live yet I did a clean install which worked fine.

Apart from that all is good.
    Thanks - yeah, the holiday bit is only designed for full weeks off at the moment, and is only to prevent the two week timetable from messing up. I hadn't designed it for users to input individual days or parts of weeks as didn't think this was necessary - something else to look into

Also, for v0.3 the database changed quite a lot, and I found you have to do a clean install. I need to look into a means of upgrading from one version to the next, but this is probably something for a little later down the line.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zag View Post
    I get the same thing
    What browser? Is it just the demo, or is it the same if you install 0.3 on your own servers? Just tried IE and FF and both work fine for me on the demo. Hate strange issues like this

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
    Thanks - yeah, the holiday bit is only designed for full weeks off at the moment, and is only to prevent the two week timetable from messing up. I hadn't designed it for users to input individual days or parts of weeks as didn't think this was necessary - something else to look into

Also, for v0.3 the database changed quite a lot, and I found you have to do a clean install. I need to look into a means of upgrading from one version to the next, but this is probably something for a little later down the line.
    Thanks, the clean install isn't much of an issue as I just used the csv import to add my items, and as it's still beta I guess it's to be expected. The improvement to the holiday system would be good for training days and bank holidays etc. too.

Thanks,

Dan

PS I think come payday cancer research uk might be a few pounds up.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast