+ Post New Thread
Web Development Thread, PHP Error?? Help Urgent in Coding and Web Development; Hi all. Here at the school we host a few sites and one of which runs using Apache and PHPMyAdmin. ...
    Thank Post

PHP Error?? Help Urgent

Hi all.

Here at the school we host a few sites and one of which runs using Apache and PHPMyAdmin. For some reason the following message has appeared and we dont know why.

jtablesession::Store Failed
    DB function failed with error number 1054
    Unknown column 'client_id' in 'field list' SQL=INSERT INTO `jos_session` ( `session_id`,`time`,`username`,`gid`,`guest`,`clie nt_id` ) VALUES ( 'f262b7dd736b310fd841351c1946a69f','1278519931','' ,'0','1','0' )

(http://www.kidsgrovescouts.com)

This is running on Joomla 1.0.

We have not had a problem with this before and i have read a few forums and still, the problem continues. My knowledge is very little to non when it comes to PHP so any help or solutions on this matter will be greatly welcomed!!!

Cheers.

Thank Post
    How would i change that so there is no space? As i said, my knowledge is not good with PHP and PHPMyadmin

Thank Post
    have you got access to phpmyadmin soyou can check the MySQL Database in question and make sure that the "client_id" column exists?

Edit your pos and remove the space...

Thank Post
    I do have access to the PHPMYadmin. I can see a "Session_ID" but no "Client_ID" column.

Thank Post
    the session ID is also Underlined for some reason. Is this normal or is it telling me that it is that field that is the proplem.

Ive clicked Edit and this is what it says

ALTER TABLE `jos_session` CHANGE `client_id` `client_ID` VARCHAR(200) CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'
    Last edited by deccy; 7th July 2010 at 05:45 PM.

Thank Post
    here is a screen shot of my tables "jos_session"
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank Post
    Have you by any chance just changed to a new version of MYSQL? or PHP?
    This sort of error first surfaced when MySQL4.1 was changed to MySQL 5 and the syntax was changed.
    Try updating your version of Joomla which may have a fix for the problem.
    Last edited by SneakyBeaky; 7th July 2010 at 06:20 PM. Reason: spelling fixed

Thank Post
    My 2pence:
    * None of the column names is underlined: the "session_id" and "client_id" column names have an underscore in them instead of a space because you aren't allowed to have spaces in column names.
    * Column names are not generally case sensitive ("client_id" is the same as "client_ID") but it couldn't hurt to make sure that the column names listed in phpmyadmin look the same as the columns listed in that error message.
    * If not all the columns listed in that error are present in the jos_session table when you look in phpmyadmin then you could try to modify the table has them
    * If you've still got your original download of Joomla 1.0 you may be able to look in the installation folder then sql then joomla.sql and find the structure for the jos_session table. If you find that you could drop the existing table and re-run the query from your original installation and see if that puts things back to how they should be (nothing of permanent importance is in jos_session, so this should be pretty safe... but you should always backup before doing anything that might cause harm)
    * I'd guess this could only have happened if you've changed something on the server or maybe installed a new component/module. Maybe you accidentally (somehow) installed a 1.5 component and it altered the database structure?
    * Maybe this is your server's way of telling you it wants you to upgrade to Joomla 1.5 and perhaps you should take the hint?

Sorry I can't offer a more concrete solution, but hopefully this gives you some directions to explore.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread