Web Development Thread, PHP Error?? Help Urgent in Coding and Web Development; Hi all.
Here at the school we host a few sites and one of which runs using Apache and PHPMyAdmin. ...
7th July 2010, 06:32 PM #1
PHP Error?? Help Urgent
Here at the school we host a few sites and one of which runs using Apache and PHPMyAdmin. For some reason the following message has appeared and we dont know why.
DB function failed with error number 1054
Unknown column 'client_id' in 'field list' SQL=INSERT INTO `jos_session` ( `session_id`,`time`,`username`,`gid`,`guest`,`clie nt_id` ) VALUES ( 'f262b7dd736b310fd841351c1946a69f','1278519931','' ,'0','1','0' )
This is running on Joomla 1.0.
We have not had a problem with this before and i have read a few forums and still, the problem continues. My knowledge is very little to non when it comes to PHP so any help or solutions on this matter will be greatly welcomed!!!
7th July 2010, 06:37 PM #2
How would i change that so there is no space? As i said, my knowledge is not good with PHP and PHPMyadmin
7th July 2010, 06:38 PM #3
have you got access to phpmyadmin soyou can check the MySQL Database in question and make sure that the "client_id" column exists?
Edit your pos and remove the space...
7th July 2010, 06:41 PM #4
I do have access to the PHPMYadmin. I can see a "Session_ID" but no "Client_ID" column.
7th July 2010, 06:42 PM #5
the session ID is also Underlined for some reason. Is this normal or is it telling me that it is that field that is the proplem.
Ive clicked Edit and this is what it says
ALTER TABLE `jos_session` CHANGE `client_id` `client_ID` VARCHAR(200) CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'
Last edited by deccy; 7th July 2010 at 06:45 PM.
7th July 2010, 07:09 PM #6
here is a screen shot of my tables "jos_session"
7th July 2010, 07:15 PM #7
Have you by any chance just changed to a new version of MYSQL? or PHP?
This sort of error first surfaced when MySQL4.1 was changed to MySQL 5 and the syntax was changed.
Try updating your version of Joomla which may have a fix for the problem.
Last edited by SneakyBeaky; 7th July 2010 at 07:20 PM.
Reason: spelling fixed
7th July 2010, 11:13 PM #8
- Rep Power
* None of the column names is underlined: the "session_id" and "client_id" column names have an underscore in them instead of a space because you aren't allowed to have spaces in column names.
* Column names are not generally case sensitive ("client_id" is the same as "client_ID") but it couldn't hurt to make sure that the column names listed in phpmyadmin look the same as the columns listed in that error message.
* If not all the columns listed in that error are present in the jos_session table when you look in phpmyadmin then you could try to modify the table has them
* If you've still got your original download of Joomla 1.0 you may be able to look in the installation folder then sql then joomla.sql and find the structure for the jos_session table. If you find that you could drop the existing table and re-run the query from your original installation and see if that puts things back to how they should be (nothing of permanent importance is in jos_session, so this should be pretty safe... but you should always backup before doing anything that might cause harm)
* I'd guess this could only have happened if you've changed something on the server or maybe installed a new component/module. Maybe you accidentally (somehow) installed a 1.5 component and it altered the database structure?
* Maybe this is your server's way of telling you it wants you to upgrade to Joomla 1.5 and perhaps you should take the hint?
Sorry I can't offer a more concrete solution, but hopefully this gives you some directions to explore.
By morganw in forum Hardware
Last Post: 11th June 2010, 10:13 AM
By mossj in forum Web Development
Last Post: 14th July 2009, 05:23 PM
By Dafty in forum EduGeek Joomla 1.5 Package
Last Post: 18th March 2009, 02:56 PM
By Nij.UK in forum Web Development
Last Post: 28th March 2007, 10:47 AM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
Tags for this Thread