+ Post New Thread
Web Development Thread, New Site - personal in Coding and Web Development; Miral Design New website portfolio for my self. that i have had to bang together a quick portfolio as i ...
    Thank Post

New Site - personal

Miral Design

New website portfolio for my self. that i have had to bang together a quick portfolio as i am forever being asked to do sites at the moment and all i have is a list of sites on a email.

its not quite finished yet.....but enough to go live.

what do you all think.

i know its a cheat using a prebuilt theme but as i say im in a rush.....and am quite chuffed given i only started this wed night.

i am just about to add a twitter thingy and think about some other stuff between chatting to RM about new servers and pcs wooooooooooooo

Thank Post
    Nice work mate, looks very fluid, for a quick sling together. You'd be dangerous with time hehe

3. Thanks to apoth0r from:

gibbo_ap (5th March 2010)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by apoth0r View Post
    Nice work mate, looks very fluid, for a quick sling together. You'd be dangerous with time hehe
    why thank you. i really need to upload more content. but im just ripping stuff off my deviantart account atm, need to get on my home pc then will have more

Thank Post
    Someone always has to have the role of *insertswearwordofchoice* here but I've noticed a spelling mistake.

"For my day job I work at a local High School in the roll of Network Manager"

6. Thanks to Butters from:

Thank Post
    Very nice indeed. I like the design, albeit a template. The subtle highlights in the text boxes give it a polished, finished appearance. I'm going to assume you're working on it right now, as I noticed a Twitter thingie appear and then disappear on the "About Me" section. Edit: just realised you referenced this in the OP. Duh, reading fail.

There are a few minor typing errors, if you don't mind me specifying;
    About Me - roll -> role and college -> colleague

Home page - Under the first showcase "Sunshade Solutions", the first sentence is missing a 'd' from "based".

Nothing else I can find fault with. As it's a Joomla template, validation is not something I'm even going to remotely approach. I'm fully aware that people are unfairly scrutinised for their website registering as invalid code, when infact the template they're using is at fault.

Conclusion - Very nice, meets with Mako's approval 100%!
    Last edited by Mako; 5th March 2010 at 03:28 PM.

8. Thanks to Mako from:

Thank Post
    It looks really good and it's the only theme I've come seen that doesn't shout out it's powered via Joomla!

10. Thanks to CSNM-Carl from:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CSNM-Carl View Post
    It looks really good and it's the only theme I've come seen that doesn't shout out it's powered via Joomla!
    yeah i try to avoid where i can. fail most of the time tho

cheers all appreciated. still not finished yet.

as for the spelling/typos thanks for pointing that out. i cant spell for toffee. and added on to that my keyboards 'n' and 'm' keys need bashing so they get missed sometimes.

thanks again

Thank Post
    can anyone see the two images on the bottom of the home page? they seem to have disappeared for me

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    I'm going to assume you're working on it right now, as I noticed a Twitter thingie appear and then disappear on the "About Me" section. Edit: just realised you referenced this in the OP. Duh, reading fail.
    yeah i didnt like any of the preset locations (you may have seen it jumping round the screen if you had refreshed lol) i'll muster the energy to add a new position in there tonight.....after i have played with my new camera lens and whilst i have a beer in hand (need buy more actually..... need buy more food tbh lol)

Thank Post
    Here at Miral Design we can offer you a complete online solution. Giving you an online presence helping to increase sales. We can offer you support from start to finish. Miral are one of the few UK based web design agencies to offer a 'Try Before You Buy' package by offering you a free mockup of your site, so you know what you will be paying for. Please browse my portfolio which contains a Photography section to help complete the look of your site.
    I'd change the font and not have it in italics as the text looks quite jagged in my browser. It contrast with the smooth font of the logo/miral header font.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hakko View Post
    I'd change the font and not have it in italics as the text looks quite jagged in my browser. It contrast with the smooth font of the logo/miral header font.
    I was thinking at looking at fonts tonight/weekend i was thinking of serif fonts, possible the word miral not italic and with a serif font. then testing the main site with serif font.

ill mess. i have not looked at the site with my specs on yet so cant see if things are jagged lol

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread