+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Web Development Thread, Royalty Free Images - Free? in Coding and Web Development; Originally Posted by webman I agree _Bat_, but at the same time I also think that it's not our job ...

Thank Post

Re: Royalty Free Images - Free?

Quote Originally Posted by webman
    I agree _Bat_, but at the same time I also think that it's not our job (as website guys) to know how each department works and what topics are covered
    Yeah, I know. Trying to get that message across though is a nightmare, as you have already found out and I am slowly starting to find out, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Ric_
    i'm sure that the school in question will soon change its mind when it realises how cr@p the website looks without any pictures!
    I'm trying to avoid this if possible. Thats why I wanted images I could use off the net instead. I thought it was a very devious and flawless plan of mine, right up until I realised such images don't really exist.

Plus it rules out having anything even like a virtual tour, because we aren't even allowed pics of any room inside the school .

I could have a word with management, but it's not a conversation i'll look forward to. They were pretty determined last time I discussed it with them.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Hmm..... how about getting the Art department to do a unit on "classroom drawings" with the kids - scan the work in, et voila!! You could have each room using a different method - charcoal, sketch, watercolour....

Atleast you know you have done your bit - you can always document the parts that are done, then show SMT the info you're waiting for - a sort of name-and-shame

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by webman
    Atleast you know you have done your bit - you can always document the parts that are done, then show SMT the info you're waiting for - a sort of name-and-shame :)
    I've tried that (naming and shaming - cc your email to the head) but it didn't have any effect on certain staff. One teacher was actually trying to cut and paste her content directly onto the site. Bless.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by beeswax
    One teacher was actually trying to cut and paste her content directly onto the site. Bless.
    Hehe, 10/10 for effort

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12