+ Post New Thread
Web Development Thread, IIS6 & Joomla install in Coding and Web Development; I am revisiting Joomla and IIS6 as a solution to our school website. Had issues before as had Exchange on ...
    Thank Post

IIS6 & Joomla install

I am revisiting Joomla and IIS6 as a solution to our school website.

Had issues before as had Exchange on same server and IIS wasn't playing ball.
    Exchange is now happily running on another server so IIS is free.

I have gone through the whole php/mysql/joomla install and now get CGI errors when trying to load the website.

After a bit of research on some Joomla forums the suggestion wasd to install FastCgi. Did that and now get FastCgi timeouts.

Am about to give up on IIS and install Wamp, but my iis is also used for WSUS admin and WebDav to allow access to cetain folder from home.

What issues will I have with installing Wamp along with the other services I currently run?

Server 2003
    PHP = 5.3.1
    MySql = 5.0
    Joomla - Edugeek 1.5

Si

Thank Post

which version of IIS?

If you use windows 2008 and IIS7 you can then use the web platform installer - Just tick a box and it will install Joomla, PHP and MYsql for you.

I've found in the past that Drupal on IIS is very picky about permissions, you might find you need to add servername\iusr permissions. Also if using IIS6 don't use the php.exe installer, use the manual install as it's easier in the long run.

On Windows 2003 you could try Xammp which makes the wamp stack easy to install - although possibly not the most secure.

The other possibility is to run up an ubuntu linux server, possibly on a vmware server install, the lamp stack is dead easy to install

Thank Post
    Thanks mate, cant get iis6 and PHP to play ball, so going to try with my Server 2008 box and iis7

Thank Post
    I used to use Joomla with IIS but had problems getting gd to work, and when it would work it wouldn't load up images very fast at all. So I switched to WAMP Install PHP 5 Apache MySQL on Windows : WampServer

I dont want to sound like a sales man, but WAMP has literally been perfect for our schools joomla site.

Also, I've been able to run WAMP and IIS at the same time, as long as IIS has the site on diff ports. For example, IIS has site redirecting to internal DVR or cameras, or IIS has exchange with SSL.

WAMP is also modular, so you can first build your site on your own PC, then caop and past the whole WAMP folder over to your host.

Thank Post
    I just followed this video tutorial on how to install PHP on IIS 6

Installing PHP5 on Windows 2003 and IIS6 | PHP | Web Technologies- VideoTutorialZone.com

I have Exchange 2003, Joomla, PHP, IIS6 all running on the same box all happy from day 1, so follow that video step by step, and all should be ok.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread