+ Post New Thread
Web Development Thread, Blueshperes? what do you know. in Coding and Web Development; we have set up joomla and moodle, a company called bluesperes has approached us to offer a cms, it seems ...

Thank Post

Blueshperes? what do you know.

we have set up joomla and moodle, a company called bluesperes has approached us to offer a cms, it seems good and is compliant, please let me know if you have any dealing with the company. thanks

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Re: Blueshperes? what do you know.

Yeah we're running it here hosted by them too now real problems as I can see

The index page can't be edited as much as I would like but everything else can. But a quick email to them to say what you would like to change and the files to implement it and they'll do it very quickly

Wes

Thank Post

We were approached by them a while ago - but the SMT wanted to do things differently.

However, I found them to be pushy and I can't say I was too impressed with what they had to offer tbh.

Thank Post

We use it for our website. They have good product but poor support sometimes as they dont always have the one programmer avialable for quick changes.
    We have it linked with AD and logs onto the domain allowing access to intranet applications from home after typing in domain/user and password.
    (effectively an extranet)

Look at our website to see what you think.

Thank Post

We are running our site on Bluesphere's Create at the moment. (www.trintiy-school.org.uk)
    As a product it is a decent solution to the task, any bugs which are found are generally sorted in a reasonable time frame. If you are not that confident at creating a site using open source solutions you could do much worse from the commercial market.
    However, it is not much more advanced that many open source projects, and if you have the time and skills to modify one of these i would recommend that you do so.(And host it on site)

Matt

Thank Post

found them not that great and pushy, we're going with inco software

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

We also use Bluesphere create for our public web site.

It was bought because the guy in charge of the web at the time wanted something that would be DDA compliant. Not completely sure he knew what that meant but the good thing was that the site we got was initially valid HTML and worked well with screen readers (we're a beacon college for our work with VI students so things like that are important). Sadly, he broke it and then left the college - we are about to replace it all and I think we're going for a completely new product.

Bluesphere was taken over by Schooltrends - http://www.schooltrends.net/?_id=218 has the details of the product.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,616 Times in 1,446 Posts

We had schooltrends in to quote for our website update and it was £2000 per site.

Ben

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Another rip-off website company in my opinion.

Thank Post

It's far better to spend the time donig it yourself so that you know you're getting what you want. But, my school decided to go with Clicks & Links from Manchester to do the site.

The CMS was an implemenation of OpenCMS and they put it all on a debian server that they configured for us. Probably not the best choice they ever made because none of the ICT staff are familiar with linux. Not even rebooting it they were just hitting the powerbutton on the front until i showed them how to do it.

Also i wasnt impressed that it had been sold as a UNIX server, NOT a UNIX-like server.

Thank Post

Paid for the product over 1 year ago. We have now abandoned it. There is a School Trends thread on this site which is the same company.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information