+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Web Development Thread, www.primarywebdesigns.co.uk in Coding and Web Development; Originally Posted by kmount My horses are in their stable. Do a whois on the domain, google the registered owner ...
    richard_s
    Quote Originally Posted by kmount View Post
    My horses are in their stable.

Do a whois on the domain, google the registered owner and you'll see exactly where I found the fairly conclusive evidence.
    I agree with you 100%

Thank Post
    no where near in leicestershire, used to be!!

I was only after an opinion!!!

richard_s
    And you were given one.

Thank Post
    Marvin,

I wasn't "hating" on you at all, merely offering advice that you'd be better in my opinion solely being honest and asking for opinion.

No massive detective work was engaged to make the links which are pretty conclusive.

Whois the domain name, google the registrant name, take the top result facebook name, and look at the surname, funnily enough it matches up perfectly with the yahoo id on your profile here. - The similarity of county location is to me just an additional coincidence.

To me it's an open and shut case, there's no question about it.

As I said though, I respect people that want to make secondary incomes etc with home grown projects, we've all done it even if briefly and it's something that views and opinions are welcomed on, if requested in an honest way.

I could be wrong, it could be an awfully unlikely coincidence but hey ... I could be wrong.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,293 Times in 786 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    But the person might have started as a new business and not registered as a trading individual until earning!!!!

Could also be someone trading from home, as a secondary job?
    If you are trading using the domain you MUST not opt out. It is a rule of domain registration. If the trader is working for home they still have a requirement to publish or find a more suitable location to run their new venture. Any professional in web design should know the rules and primary web designs is no exception. If they dont know their business well its doomed to fail. I have in the past had nominet email me about my inaccurate domain registration from a domain I killed off so they do check.
    Even if it was not breaking the rules it still makes the whole company look dodgy.
    I had a look at the site and their clients site and tbh its pretty shocking how bad it is. Its so easy to make something better using modern tools such as Dreamweaver. It may seem harsh but its my opinion tbh.
    The ironic thing is this thread will start to turn up in google results for the company now when people search.

NOTE: Marvin has edited his profile to remove the information that kmount is speaking about. Google is our friend though:
    EduGeek.net Forums - View Profile: marvin

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Marvin, one thing, if you had said at the start of this "look at my website" for opinions people would have had a largely different approach to the thread. Comments would have been more constructive and everyone would have been happy to help point you in the right direction with tips.

Thread moved to web development.

Thank Post
    I Agree with ZH

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    The site design is atrocious, the logo and graphics very amateurish, and the code is a mess and doesn't validate.

Thank Post
    Can't believe how people can turn so negative sometimes, i was after an opinion and i guess what the problem was that i didnt specify that directly.

Anyway will leave it to that!

Thank Post
    People (well I) only turned negative because of the cloak and dagger approach you took in asking.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    Can't believe how people can turn so negative sometimes, i was after an opinion and i guess what the problem was that i didnt specify that directly.

Anyway will leave it to that!
    Remember some members could also have thought you were looking for an opinion about the company as if you were about to do business with them. Your first message was ominous and if they had thought that then the natural negative comments are posted as an attempt to ward you off possibly getting scammed.
    Since it appears to be your company things are different and people would assume that was never the intent and would give you tips on how to make the site appear more legitimate.

Now for the positive (or some comments) , your rates seem quite good. I would look buying a book on php and dhtml though as I think you would benefit from learning those systems. I am not sure what editor you are using (looks kinda like frontpage) but I would try the adobe suite out (photoshop/dreamweaver/fireworks) as they are very good tools for making sites.
    Also I would generally not use flash menu's as google has a hard time indexing pages linked using that and some users may have older versions of flash which could annoy.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12