+ Post New Thread
Web Development Thread, MultiThreading in Coding and Web Development; Hello, I had doubt about multithreading concept in asp.net. I saw the examples in vb.net and asp.net, in this examples ...

Thank Post

MultiThreading

Hello,

I had doubt about multithreading concept in asp.net. I saw the examples in vb.net and asp.net, in this examples I found the use of threading is main thread runs in front end while other thread works in back end. I need to work it out in a web application in visual basic (vb).
    Please give brief details about this concept and example, such as the importance of threading and how to use.

Thanking You,
    Phani.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phanikumar View Post
    I had doubt about multithreading concept in asp.net. I saw the examples in vb.net and asp.net, in this examples I found the use of threading is main thread runs in front end while other thread works in back end.
    You'll do better to go and search/ask on this forum:

Stack Overflow

Lots of stuff there now about multi-threaded application and when/when not to use them.

I need to work it out in a web application in visual basic (vb).
    Please give brief details about this concept and example, such as the importance of threading and how to use.
    That last sentence is starting to sound suspiciously like homework :-) Any web-based application is going to be inherently multi-threaded - HTTP requests can come in at any moment, whether the previous HTTP request is still processing or not. Each HTTP request handler is, in effect, a separate thread. This is why any language used for web-based applications needs to have good support for mutexes/monitors/whatever, which is why PHP is such a crummy language - no decent support for locks.

--
    David Hicks

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information