+ Post New Thread
Web Development Thread, MRBS Assistance Required in Coding and Web Development; Am trying to run through a test setup of MRBS on a laptop with Win XP professional prior to server ...

Thank Post

Red face MRBS Assistance Required

Am trying to run through a test setup of MRBS on a laptop with Win XP professional prior to server install. Have gone through the guides on setting up Apache 2.0, PHP 5.2.6 and Mysql 5.0.51b which apart from the odd glitch seems to have been succesful. Apache is working fine as a service with php amended to its title, even the php info test works fine. Mysql recognises the database and I have setup the tables manually.

My problem is that when I try to access the MRBS index.php page I get the following error

"Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_pconnect() in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\MRBS\web\mysql.inc on line 224"

This means nothing to me as my knowledge of php and mysql are very limited. I was wondering if someone could point out the error in my ways and a possible solution.

Regards in advance.

Thank Post
    In the phpinfo can you see a mysql section?

That error would suggest to me that PHP isn't built with MySQL support even though apache+php are happy.

Thank Post
    Looking at the php info there does not appear to be a mysql section.

Should there be and if so how do you associate it with php.

To install I ran the mysql installer for windows.

Thank Post
    That would be your problem then.

Now, I'm not 100% certain on a windows platform, but it 'could' be as straight forward as uncommenting the MySQL module lines in the php.ini file on your machine and restarting Apache.

Once it shows up in the phpinfo script, you'll find it make a whole lot more sense

Thank Post
    Of course you could keep trying to fix this properly, or you could sack it and install something like Wampserver which I have used really successfully with MRBS. You'd have to recreate the tables but there's an SQL file you can run from PHPMyAdmin that will do that for you. Go on, cheat - it's so much easier...

Thank Post
    A Wampserver would be far easier all things considered.

Thank Post
    Have looked in the php.ini file there is a section called Dynamic Extensions which mentions mysql.

Have tried commenting out the line

" extension=msql.dll"

and restarted apache but get an error unable to load dynamic library '.bin/mysql.dll'. The specified module could not be found.

From looking at the file it refers to a section under paths and extensions and in particular "; Directory in which the loadable extensions (modules) reside.
    extension_dir = "./bin/"

Is this a default directory path within the php install as my install directory does not have this bin folder.

Was wondering if I need to download the necessary extension from somewhere.

Thank Post
    Have taken your advice and downloaded wampserver.

Do I need to uninstall the Apache, PHP and mysql that I have installed to date before running the wampserver since it seems to contain these files already.

Thank Post
    Yes best to remove all traces of what you've already installed, particularly mySQL and apache, else the WAMP versions won't be able to run because the existing services will be using the ports.

Mike.

Thank Post
    In all fairness, I cheat with ours. Google "Uniform Server"...a self contained WAMP setup that will run from anything (including USB stick)..it's been running MRBS for 3 years now. Doddle to backup as well..just stop it and copy the whole directory.

I did the MRBS upgrade yesterday to the latest version..took about 10 minutes.

Thank Post
    Have gone down the WAMP box route with success on a virtual server. MRBS opens up and displays my edited MRBS screen, quite impressed so far.

Now I may be having a blonde moment but for the life of me I cannot get another virtual machine on the same network to open the MRBS default page. I can ping the virtual server and access shares on it but it wont display the MRBS, just get page cannot be displayed (argh !!!!).

Any pointers would be welcome.

Thank Post
    MRBS Assistance Required.
    Sirs, I am a user of MRBS System. I have installed MRBS system in WIn XP(SP2) using Apache 2.2.17,PHP & MYSQL in my computers "D: Drive".
    All is working fine. But when I access the MRBS Index.asp page, it is giving me the error "Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_pconnect() in D:\WebServer\Apache2\htdocs\web\mysql.inc on line 432". If i install the same in my computers "C: Drive" it is working nicely. But if I install it in D: Drive, it is giving me error. Can some one help me to understand and resolve this problem.

Hoping to receive you soon, if possible, please mail me also on my id , so that i can come to know that some one has posted some reply on this subject.
    Please help me.

Regards.
    Abhijeet

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread