+ Post New Thread
Web Development Thread, Joomla 1.5 advice in Coding and Web Development; I am almost at the stage of going live with my new spanking Joomla 1.5.3 website which has taken me ...

Thank Post

Joomla 1.5 advice

I am almost at the stage of going live with my new spanking Joomla 1.5.3 website which has taken me months.

Just wondered if anoyone had come across a feature which does the following.

I have a section called latest news which has 5 catagories in (in the news, newsletter etc)

I would like a menu link to the section which lists the latest article in each catagory like in a blog so when you click into the section you can see the latest in each catagory and click into it. The in built ones don't do it, if I do a blog to the catagory it just lists all the articles in the section is date order.

Also does anyone use a podcasting suite for 1.5 (native) ? I had one for 1.0 but can't remember it

Thanks in advance.

Simon

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 728 Posts
    Creat a new menu item and select Articles > Section > Section Blog Layout.

From the Parameters-Advanced set Category Order to No and Primary Order to Most recent first.

Now when you click on the menu item all the section items will be displayed in a blog style, most recent first.

Just read your post again and i think this doesn't do what you need. IF i am right you want the most recent items from all categories. Even if 1 has 2 newer items than another, you still want the older one to be shown before one of the other newer items?

If yes then AFAIK you can't do this.

Sorry for my ramblings

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SYSMAN_MK View Post
    Creat a new menu item and select Articles > Section > Section Blog Layout.

From the Parameters-Advanced set Category Order to No and Primary Order to Most recent first.

Now when you click on the menu item all the section items will be displayed in a blog style, most recent first.

Just read your post again and i think this doesn't do what you need. IF i am right you want the most recent items from all categories. Even if 1 has 2 newer items than another, you still want the older one to be shown before one of the other newer items?

If yes then AFAIK you can't do this.

Sorry for my ramblings
    Ramble away

I know there is a bot that lets you publish modules in the mainpage area so I was looking for that and a module that does what I want.... its a shame really as I am not clever enough to write my own.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread