+ Post New Thread
Web Development Thread, WAMP on 2003 (cc3) in Coding and Web Development; I will be putting WAMP onto our 2003 server, as I want to have php / mySQL access for a ...
    Thank Post

WAMP on 2003 (cc3)

I will be putting WAMP onto our 2003 server, as I want to have php / mySQL access for a new intranet site that I want to create.

Currently IIS only has the ASP/ACCESS option in which we are currently using for certain apps.

My question is, if I install this and get it all working, will I lose my ASP/ACCESS function, as we still need to run these apps, before I transferr them to php/mySQL?

Thanks

Scot

Thank Post
    It should be perfectly possible to run both server stacks side by side but obviously you can't run them on the same ports.

Apache and IIS will both want to run on port 80 by default so you'll have to change one to another port and then access it via
    servername:newportname

Cheers
    Jona

Thank Post
    Thanks

I will remember to change that after installation.

Another quick thing. Will WAMP need a reboot of the server after installation? obviously if it does, I will need to do out of hours.

Thank Post
    Shouldn't do, I know for a fact that xampp (apache friends) dosn't. I would imagine none of them do as there designed for a linux enviroment where you don't want to reboot everytime you install software.

Cheers
    Jona

Thank Post
    We run WAMP (and I'd rather it were LAMP) for our intranet.

Use the Apache package to install it so that it goes on as a service, and then when you make config changes you can just restart the service. The monitor goes in the tray too to make it even simpler.

Getting all the PHP modules to load properly is a task though. I think I had to specify the location of php.ini in Apache's config, and copy the modules to system32 if I remember right. It was a while ago.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotmk View Post
    I will be putting WAMP onto our 2003 server, as I want to have php / mySQL access for a new intranet site that I want to create.

Currently IIS only has the ASP/ACCESS option in which we are currently using for certain apps.

My question is, if I install this and get it all working, will I lose my ASP/ACCESS function, as we still need to run these apps, before I transferr them to php/mySQL?

Thanks

Scot
    Do you need Apache? It's perfectly possible to have PHP and MySQL running with IIS - you then avoid the need to have different ports for the 2 services (which will lead to grief - I've done it :-))

Our Moodle server is Windows/IIS/PHP/MySQL but there is also ASP and ASP.Net stuff on the same server.

Thank Post
    Another option to consider might be running a virtual server with Linux on it.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by srochford View Post
    Do you need Apache? It's perfectly possible to have PHP and MySQL running with IIS - you then avoid the need to have different ports for the 2 services (which will lead to grief - I've done it :-))

Our Moodle server is Windows/IIS/PHP/MySQL but there is also ASP and ASP.Net stuff on the same server.
    No, I dont want apache (I think), I just want to install another joomla site, but this time have it as our intranet with a different template than our website.

Our Room Booking system is ASP, thats why this needs to stay working, until I transfer it to an mySQL one.

Can you PM me the details to get PHP/mySQL working? that would be great?

Thanks

Scot

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread