+ Post New Thread
Web Development Thread, Open password protected access 2007 database with ASP in Coding and Web Development; Hi, I have been opening password protected access 2003 databases with ASP / ADO for years now. However now we ...

Thank Post

Open password protected access 2007 database with ASP

Hi, I have been opening password protected access 2003 databases with ASP / ADO for years now. However now we have updated to office 2007 everything gone bottoms up.

I have an access 2007 database (newly made, not converted from 2003), and a fresh asp page. I've gotten the new connection string information for Access 2007 from the internet yet the page cannot open the database.

connection string being used:
    sConnString="Provider=Microsoft.ace.OLEDB.12.0;Dat a Source=" & strPath & ";Jet OLEDB:Database PASSWORD= newmarket"
    When I try to open the page the error i get is - "Not a valid password" - 80040e4d. I'm 100% sure the password is correct, the driver is right (the server has office 2007 installed, and the new access driver from the M$ website). Every page i've seen on the internet says that the code I'm using is correct, yet asp still can't open it.

If i remove the password from the database it opens fine, so it's not a corrupt database, or bad path in the code.

If you can shed any light on my problem I would be eternally grateful - been working on it for hours now!

Many thanks
    Ryan
    Last edited by ryan_powell; 31st January 2008 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Spelling and unwanted smiley appearing

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread