+ Post New Thread
Web Development Thread, liberum - cdonts.dll error in Coding and Web Development; I have installed liberum and have been playing with it. All works great, can log calls, auto emails helpdesk email ...
    Thank Post

liberum - cdonts.dll error

I have installed liberum and have been playing with it. All works great, can log calls, auto emails helpdesk email and we deal with it. We have been testing it and now we want to go live.

Just tested it througha teachers profile (non admin) and get an error when posting new problem:

Number: 70 (0x000000046)
    Source: Microsoft VBScript runtime error
    Description: Permission Denied.

Not one to just cry, I started the process of googling, and error is to to with the actual sending of the email, as when it errors the problem is relayed and entered into the database, just no email sent. This works fine for my profile domain admin full access).

I have fiddled with IIS6 and have changed it to allow teaching staff full access, also change permissions to allow scripts and executables for the dll file, and also changed priorities to low, but still does not work. I have reregistered the dll in 2003 (just in case).

we are 2003 with RM CC3, but from looking about this is a general issue even without CC3,.

Any ideas anyone? really need to get this sorted.

Thanks

Scot

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    usually the e-mail address is wrong or their inbox is full or something... we get loads of errors on ours... i just refresh over and over!

Thank Post
    Any ideas anyone?
    Install the MS SMTP Service on the box, allow 127.0.01 to relay to [wherever you've got Liberum sending it now] and turn on logging. Set Liberum to use that to relay the mail. Look at the logs, if the mail doesn't turn up at the SMTP Service and there's no clever AV getting in the way then go back to looking at Liberum.

Been a while but I've run a thoroughly hacked (to just a little piece) last official release Liberum on a CC3 server. I put it in in a folder under the RM default Intranet site, made it an App, set the default page, gave the account IUSR_[something] NTFS change on the database folder and it worked. However amongst other things I rewrote the mail sending to use CDOSYS and that's probably because the original code was buggy/broken.

Which Liberum are you running? The last official rel. or one of the subsequent custom bug-fixed ones?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PiqueABoo View Post
    I rewrote the mail sending to use CDOSYS and that's probably because the original code was buggy/broken.

Which Liberum are you running? The last official rel. or one of the subsequent custom bug-fixed ones?
    Hi I dont suppose you have the code for cdosys bit to add to the post file, I have seen this just not sure what to add!

I have Version 0.97.3.

Thanks

Scot

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread