+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Web Development Thread, glpi .70 probs in Coding and Web Development; ok i have been using GLPI 0.68 for a while now and it works well. Then I had a bright ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

glpi .70 probs

ok i have been using GLPI 0.68 for a while now and it works well. Then I had a bright idea I know update it to 0.70 for better ldap support. How wrong i was I backed up everything and then began to update. I thought it was working really nice went through ok and then nothing just a blank page. then i thought ok i will try a fresh install and again nothing. Just a blank page. I have since reverted back to 0.68 and all is fine. i am still testing 0.70 on a spare box with no luck. If anyone has any ideas please say.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,444 Times in 1,892 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Try checking the Apache logs to see if anything is being reported.

Thank Post
    Have you set the relevant file permissions on folders files, config and install?

I upgraded from 0.70RC3 to 0.70 and has some issues with permissions, ended up given 777 access to those folders during install. I did not get a blank page though.

you also need need to remove config/config_db.php for an update, rather than fresh install

The LDAP works great for us by the way, so is worth upgrading.
    Last edited by monkeyx; 9th January 2008 at 08:23 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    i have looked in the logs and there are no errors. Someone on another fourm did mention ajax but i dont know or have a clue what this is. i have tred 0.rc3 and this dosent work ether i thing it might have something to do with java server side but i dont know what extra package i need to install. as for permissions i have set 777 on all files till i can get it sorted. checking around I might be using the wrong php I have got php5 installed but most say 4.
    Last edited by alonebfg; 9th January 2008 at 08:39 AM.

Thank Post
    I am using php 5.1.2.

Have you tried point browser at http://host/glpi/install/install.php ?

There is also an update.php in there. Could be that you are not getting passed on to install folder?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,444 Times in 1,892 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The error log may not contain any errors if error reporting is not set to be on at a high enough level. Open the php.ini file on your server and see what the line starting with 'error_reporting' has after the = sign. If it is anything other than E_ALL, change it to E_ALL.

Then restart apache and try loading the page again, followed by looking in the logs.

GLPI doesn't use any server side java - it makes use of php only on the server side, but uses javascript (ajax stands for Asynchronous Javascript and XML) on the client end.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    the install works fine it says everything is ok. I have also installed it on my box at home and i am getting the same problem. Just for interest sake what are you using for your webserver. I have a feeling it might be due to the fact i am using ubuntu 6.06. It also does the same on a fresh install.when i point to http://host/glpi/install/install.php I get a blank page still. but then the install went fine.
    Last edited by alonebfg; 9th January 2008 at 09:38 AM.

Thank Post
    You have got me curious now, as I am also using 6.06 server version. Also got it running on my laptop using full version of 7.10. I have also got it integrated with OCS inventory on both platforms with no issues?

Is it still blank if you try to manually load the index.php from the root of glpi ?

Have you run all updates and patches via apt-get ?

It maybe you need to extend apache logging as per previous post? Could you load phpinfo on that server and post the results ?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Ok I have learnt something (dont laugh) set permissions on all folder as root root 777 and it did not work then had a play set permissions as www-data on group and user and it works fine now. This has me thinking it might have been a module that only runs as www-data and not root but i thought root was a member of all group any ideas (by the way running fine now permissions set to www-data)

Thank Post
    Glad you got it working, we learn more from mistakes I know I do

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    just as a quick question on the back of this i have got it all working really well adding users etc via ldap but how do i make it so the people dont have to log in and it uses there username and password from windows to log in atomaticly

Thank Post
    I have been having a look at this article to decide if it will work.

Will try this on my laptop version later today and let you know.

Thank Post
    After looking at the article on previous post on GLPI forum it requires mod_ntlm in apache2 to work. It would appear that the official version does not work very well with ububntu ): Luckily this version does work for me. I can only access glpi site after authenticating, however the patch listed in article in previous post does not work, so still more work to do yet.

Will feedback further tomorrow.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    if you want a test platform i have one and if it breaks does not matter as its only used for tests and when it works on there i then make it live. will have a look myself tomorrow. I have been looking at this tread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...od_ntlm&page=2 But i have not tested it yet as my server went down while I updated GLPI on it. But i will give this a try tomorrow.
    Last edited by alonebfg; 10th January 2008 at 09:34 PM.

Thank Post
    I found a link on the french forums http://glpi-project.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1397&p=7 , that appeared to help with the issue. I can not get this to work v.70 rc3 though. I used the following ntlm version http://mywheel.net/blog/index.php/mo...on-apache-22x/. Which I have confirmed that ($_SERVER["REMOTE_USER"]) is available to PHP after installing.

Are you able to test this on a full 0.70 release ?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast