+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Web Development Thread, Website getting hacked in Coding and Web Development; Thanks, just deleted it. Playing with that security plugin. X13 not sure I understand what you said, the index.php is ...
    Thank Post
    Thanks, just deleted it.

Playing with that security plugin.

X13 not sure I understand what you said, the index.php is now how it should be. Just updated everything

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,944 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kcymer View Post
    X13 not sure I understand what you said, the index.php is now how it should be. Just updated everything
    I mean when it's hacked.

Is the index.php on the server a new hacked version or has the content been rewritten to include the hack?

Thank Post
    Thanks, just deleted it.

Playing with that security plugin.

You need to make sure you remove references to it in your theme as well, otherwise it will throw up errors when people try to load pages whilst it tries to find the script to run to get the thumbnails. It might be worth checking you have the latest version of the theme installed as well as they might have removed it from a newer version of it.

One thing I always recommend with Wordpress is well is the use of Child Themes, so any customisations you make are not lost if you do a theme upgrade and means you don't have to run around patching things. Check out Child Themes WordPress Codex for more info on what they are / how to do it / etc.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,211 Times in 761 Posts
    Rather than just removing it (which could break things as @soveryapt suggests), you could use a plugin like this to check if it is vulnerable and update it if required: WordPress › Timthumb Vulnerability Scanner WordPress Plugins

5. Thanks to AngryTechnician from:

soveryapt (24th June 2013)

Thank Post
    Thanks guys.

They always replace index.php with own, either in root folder or in v7 folder. I have backup of the site, which is clean, as before they left few php files in random folders, last one I have found was cpanel cracker. So each time I just delete all content and upload backup. Website is not updated very often and it is being done by adult education staff, so sometimes pictures are missing and such.
    I have not designed my self and no way expert in webdesign, we hired someone who we know well. We already suggested child themes, we looking at it now, but something is not working as it should when implemented - site just crashes and goes blank.
    Work in progress

Thank Post
    I think I got on something here. I have used suggested plugging for security. One of the option s create quite big .htaccess file with lots of options. I think it stops hackers, but as well stop to display images to not logged in people. I removed that file and few hours later site was hacked. So restored it and put .htaccess back online. Now working on it content, to make pictures on posts visible for everyone. Just need to find good tutorial on use of htaccess

Thank Post
    I think I got on something here. I have used suggested plugging for security. One of the option s create quite big .htaccess file with lots of options. I think it stops hackers, but as well stop to display images to not logged in people. I removed that file and few hours later site was hacked. So restored it and put .htaccess back online. Now working on it content, to make pictures on posts visible for everyone. Just need to find good tutorial on use of htaccess
    Are your permissions all set ok on your site as it sounds like they either have access to your FTP or Wordpress Admin, a dodgy script somewhere on the site or that permissions have gone funny on your install.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12