+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Web Development Thread, Printer list with toner levels in Coding and Web Development; If you just want somewhere to store your code, you can all ways use github . It's free aswell....
    Thank Post
    If you just want somewhere to store your code, you can all ways use github. It's free aswell.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JJanisch View Post
    I was mainly asking about that particular feature to poll if you have an update on the server

EDIT: Unless if you mean you're still working on this feature, I mis-read
    Yeah I am still working on it,

And I have hosting sorted, thanks to edutechhosting

Thank Post
    Hi,

I have an update for you guy. I have finished the update feature so that now when a new feature comes out you can all get them straight away. Sorry for taking so long to update but i have rewritten the whole project from the ground again and it now stores printers into an xml files so that it dosnt need to check every time the pages loads and there is also a ajax script that keeps this xml file up to date with toner levels.

Below is a Printer Manger V0.1 - I will release the code once i am back at work to test some stuff

Untitled.png

Do use like the new face lift? and do use like the idea of sorting all the data into an xml file?

Thank Post
    Looks lovely now! Much cleaner interface.

The printers we have, have been listed already so hopefully we'll be able to make use of the software fully.
    The XML file seems to be a much better feature, should lead to quicker checking as queries aren't being checked every page load.

Just noticed a spelling error in the about on the right of the screenshot... *presents*

Looking forward to the initial release

Michael

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,054 Times in 1,491 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It looks very nice. Well done!

Thank Post
    I have a update for use, i have this set up on Windows server 2012 vm with IIS installed with php installed with the following modules installed snmp and cURL. This is all the programs needs to work, i have a few finishing touches i need to make before releasing it.

I should be able to release the code on Tuesday, if someone could set a VM or spare machine up with php installed and the snmp and cURL modules installed would be great and i will send you the code and if all goes good i will release the code to everyone.

PM me if you want the code sending to you on Tuesday.

Thank Post
    This looks very useful, I would be very interested in using it. Would it be possible to add a page count notification to it, even if not I would still like to use it

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Got a server here ready to test as well

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lftek55 View Post
    This looks very useful, I would be very interested in using it. Would it be possible to add a page count notification to it, even if not I would still like to use it
    Could you explain what you mean by a page count notification? Like what it would do.

Thank Post
    I was just thinking of the total number of pages printed, this could be used to keep an eye on the toners, if they print what they say on the box!! We would also use it to check what departments use. I know I could do a printout but this would be helpfull.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,054 Times in 1,491 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I have access to 50 odd VMs. I am willing to test this at work for you

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lftek55 View Post
    I was just thinking of the total number of pages printed, this could be used to keep an eye on the toners, if they print what they say on the box!! We would also use it to check what departments use. I know I could do a printout but this would be helpfull.
    I will put this on my todo list it shouldn't take long to implement.

Thank Post
    Hi @nev104, any news on how this project is progressing? We all appreciate the effort and free time involved in coding something like this so we all know it's "as and when" for testing etc

Cheers
    Andrew

Thank Post
    I have been creating a print consumables manager - log printers, log room locations (which printers exist in which rooms, so rather than adding duplicates you add one printer and link it with several locations - as then all cartridges linked to that printer will work in all locations), log cartridges (original and compatible). This was an ongoing project for about a year at my previous workplace. I made so many changes, I would must have started from fresh about 3 times! I was close to creating another section of the website to probe printers for toner levels and preempt requests before they happen (We can't all store 1 of each cartridge, can we? And most companies take at least a week to deliver!). If you would like to work together nev, what you've created could be integrated in no time. Otherwise I'll likely continue on mine whenever I find the time, just a little bummed since you beat me to it!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JJanisch View Post
    I have been creating a print consumables manager - log printers, log room locations (which printers exist in which rooms, so rather than adding duplicates you add one printer and link it with several locations - as then all cartridges linked to that printer will work in all locations), log cartridges (original and compatible). This was an ongoing project for about a year at my previous workplace. I made so many changes, I would must have started from fresh about 3 times! I was close to creating another section of the website to probe printers for toner levels and preempt requests before they happen (We can't all store 1 of each cartridge, can we? And most companies take at least a week to deliver!). If you would like to work together nev, what you've created could be integrated in no time. Otherwise I'll likely continue on mine whenever I find the time, just a little bummed since you beat me to it!

Yeah i think that would be great, would i be able to have a look what you have so for?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast