+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 54
Web Development Thread, Printer list with toner levels in Coding and Web Development; If you just want somewhere to store your code, you can all ways use github . It's free aswell....
  1. #31
    jamiess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Balsall Common
    Posts
    73
    Thank Post
    10
    Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts
    Rep Power
    15
    If you just want somewhere to store your code, you can all ways use github. It's free aswell.

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    57
    Thank Post
    5
    Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by JJanisch View Post
    I was mainly asking about that particular feature to poll if you have an update on the server

    EDIT: Unless if you mean you're still working on this feature, I mis-read
    Yeah I am still working on it,

    And I have hosting sorted, thanks to edutechhosting

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    57
    Thank Post
    5
    Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
    Rep Power
    7
    Hi,

    I have an update for you guy. I have finished the update feature so that now when a new feature comes out you can all get them straight away. Sorry for taking so long to update but i have rewritten the whole project from the ground again and it now stores printers into an xml files so that it dosnt need to check every time the pages loads and there is also a ajax script that keeps this xml file up to date with toner levels.

    Below is a Printer Manger V0.1 - I will release the code once i am back at work to test some stuff

    Untitled.png

    Do use like the new face lift? and do use like the idea of sorting all the data into an xml file?

  4. #34
    linkazoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    660
    Thank Post
    125
    Thanked 90 Times in 74 Posts
    Rep Power
    79
    Looks lovely now! Much cleaner interface.

    The printers we have, have been listed already so hopefully we'll be able to make use of the software fully.
    The XML file seems to be a much better feature, should lead to quicker checking as queries aren't being checked every page load.

    Just noticed a spelling error in the about on the right of the screenshot... *presents*

    Looking forward to the initial release

    Michael

  5. #35

    featured_spectre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,503
    Thank Post
    1,684
    Thanked 2,054 Times in 1,491 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    464
    It looks very nice. Well done!

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    57
    Thank Post
    5
    Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
    Rep Power
    7
    I have a update for use, i have this set up on Windows server 2012 vm with IIS installed with php installed with the following modules installed snmp and cURL. This is all the programs needs to work, i have a few finishing touches i need to make before releasing it.

    I should be able to release the code on Tuesday, if someone could set a VM or spare machine up with php installed and the snmp and cURL modules installed would be great and i will send you the code and if all goes good i will release the code to everyone.

    PM me if you want the code sending to you on Tuesday.

  7. #37
    Lftek55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    32
    Thank Post
    2
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    6
    This looks very useful, I would be very interested in using it. Would it be possible to add a page count notification to it, even if not I would still like to use it

  8. #38
    TheScarfedOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Plymouth, Devon
    Posts
    1,123
    Thank Post
    767
    Thanked 176 Times in 159 Posts
    Blog Entries
    78
    Rep Power
    86
    Got a server here ready to test as well

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    57
    Thank Post
    5
    Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Lftek55 View Post
    This looks very useful, I would be very interested in using it. Would it be possible to add a page count notification to it, even if not I would still like to use it
    Could you explain what you mean by a page count notification? Like what it would do.

  10. #40
    Lftek55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    32
    Thank Post
    2
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    6
    I was just thinking of the total number of pages printed, this could be used to keep an eye on the toners, if they print what they say on the box!! We would also use it to check what departments use. I know I could do a printout but this would be helpfull.

  11. #41

    featured_spectre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,503
    Thank Post
    1,684
    Thanked 2,054 Times in 1,491 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    464
    I have access to 50 odd VMs. I am willing to test this at work for you

  12. #42

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    57
    Thank Post
    5
    Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Lftek55 View Post
    I was just thinking of the total number of pages printed, this could be used to keep an eye on the toners, if they print what they say on the box!! We would also use it to check what departments use. I know I could do a printout but this would be helpfull.
    I will put this on my todo list it shouldn't take long to implement.

  13. #43
    AJWhite1970's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    355
    Thank Post
    96
    Thanked 82 Times in 62 Posts
    Rep Power
    18
    Hi @nev104, any news on how this project is progressing? We all appreciate the effort and free time involved in coding something like this so we all know it's "as and when" for testing etc

    Cheers
    Andrew

  14. #44
    JJanisch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Swindon
    Posts
    228
    Thank Post
    21
    Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
    Rep Power
    12
    I have been creating a print consumables manager - log printers, log room locations (which printers exist in which rooms, so rather than adding duplicates you add one printer and link it with several locations - as then all cartridges linked to that printer will work in all locations), log cartridges (original and compatible). This was an ongoing project for about a year at my previous workplace. I made so many changes, I would must have started from fresh about 3 times! I was close to creating another section of the website to probe printers for toner levels and preempt requests before they happen (We can't all store 1 of each cartridge, can we? And most companies take at least a week to deliver!). If you would like to work together nev, what you've created could be integrated in no time. Otherwise I'll likely continue on mine whenever I find the time, just a little bummed since you beat me to it!

  15. #45

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Durham
    Posts
    57
    Thank Post
    5
    Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by JJanisch View Post
    I have been creating a print consumables manager - log printers, log room locations (which printers exist in which rooms, so rather than adding duplicates you add one printer and link it with several locations - as then all cartridges linked to that printer will work in all locations), log cartridges (original and compatible). This was an ongoing project for about a year at my previous workplace. I made so many changes, I would must have started from fresh about 3 times! I was close to creating another section of the website to probe printers for toner levels and preempt requests before they happen (We can't all store 1 of each cartridge, can we? And most companies take at least a week to deliver!). If you would like to work together nev, what you've created could be integrated in no time. Otherwise I'll likely continue on mine whenever I find the time, just a little bummed since you beat me to it!

    Yeah i think that would be great, would i be able to have a look what you have so for?



SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. SANs with block level replication?
    By Mindflux in forum Hardware
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 20th November 2009, 10:33 AM
  2. SIMS Report Class List with Siblings
    By mmuk08 in forum MIS Systems
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24th September 2008, 04:55 PM
  3. Creating/Using 'Friendly' Printer Names With PrintUI
    By OutToLunch in forum How do you do....it?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20th December 2007, 09:52 AM
  4. I hate printers! Problem with an HP 2550n
    By gwendes in forum Hardware
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 17th December 2007, 04:46 PM
  5. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 6th February 2006, 01:12 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •